Our Clod Server: Changes To The Currently Running Mission

• 1. DDz Quorum

Changing of mission start time is back in.

Random time between 6'30 and 16'30.

Was wondering whether it'd be cool to have the mission run between 6'30 to 16'30 in steps of three hours instead of random.

So if the mission ends at 9'30 (after starting at 6'30) the new mission would start where the previous one stopped: 9'30.

And would thus run until 12'30. And so on...

Would be nice, for anyone who would want to fly the entire 12 or so hours in one day in the Battle of Britain:)

Who would do that? :icon_bounce: 

I'd better spend the time in throwing some more aircraft in  :dj: 

• 2. Administrators

Might be good FT

I'd also like to see some later missions ending at perhaps 20:00 so we're coming home at dusk thinking about the empty beds in the billets and empty seats at dispersal tomorrow but looking forward to a pint with your fellow squadron members in the pub shortly. Or something like that. The evening skies are amazing in CloD.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Added three submissions, specifically for the Blue Aces/Heroes amongst us:

- Wellingtons Bomb Estree (Their target is a mission goal for Red, so if they hit it, Red will win the map!)

- Defiants patrol the Channel. Turkey shoot, or do they have fighter cover?

- Walrus patrol the Channel.

Now as they are sub-missions, they will spawn... sometime .... or maybe not within those 3 hours the mission runs.

Does Blue have radar? :)

Anyways, 34 sub-missions in total now, randomly spawning, time in between two spawns is random between 4 and 10 minutes.

Have BFun! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Here's another thought:

Our mission runs for three hours currently.

Then it closes, and restarts, where the time will be forwarded to three hours later.

Why not keep it running from dusk till dawn?

Now that sub-missions are being launched every few minutes, there's always some action going on....

I will try and set this up on my test server... see whether it will be able to run that long (some 12 hours, 6am to 6pm)

• 1. DDz Quorum

Early morning at Lympne airfield:

post-947-0-87379700-1425504904_thumb.jpg

This image to signal the fact that our CloD server is now running a mission cycle of  9 (Nine) hours.

After some thinking I decided to go for nine hours (06:00 to 15:00hrs) as a 12hr cycle would probably mean that you'd end up always flying at the same time... as our flying windows are kinda consequent.

Nine hours should guarantee for some change in time/daylight.

Oh, after about half an hour into the test, this happened. Pesky 110's ... 

Oh well...

post-947-0-30508900-1425505168_thumb.jpg

Oh, and as you can clearly tell, there's really nothing wrong with the NVidia 970!  :shaunhb:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

I would like to have the padlock view turned off. I think it is active on our server. I ducked into the clouds fighting a human and he continued to shoot even though I could no see him. Could not lose him in the clouds.

Sorry, but 'No Padlock'  is selected.

You can check that in the briefing screen, via Options, Realism.

Could it be he's using some simple graphics settings so your airframe stands out?

Or was there a bug in the Clouds, where they are in one place for one pilot, and in a different one for another? Was I dreaming? Was it BoS?

I would like to have the padlock view turned off. I think it is active on our server. I ducked into the clouds fighting a human and he continued to shoot even though I could no see him. Could not lose him in the clouds.

Or was there a bug in the Clouds, where they are in one place for one pilot, and in a different one for another? Was I dreaming? Was it BoS?

Not dreaming.  'Tis one of the charms of CLoD.  Even though you might seem to be safely enveloped within large fluffy clouds, the other guy could well be flying around a clear blue sky. :P