Our Clod Server: Changes To The Currently Running Mission

11 minutes ago, Don_Quijote said:

Thank you @DD_Arthur, should have properly read the thread.💋..Well,no stats mean,no one will ever know how often I mess up starts/landings,blow up myself with my own bombs,hit enemy  forces but forget to arm bombs,hit friendly forces without forgetting to arm bombs...fine!

Lol.  

You should join us Don_Quijote.:salute::salute:

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
33 minutes ago, Don_Quijote said:

Thank you @DD_Arthur, should have properly read the thread.💋..Well,no stats mean,no one will ever know how often I mess up starts/landings,blow up myself with my own bombs,hit enemy  forces but forget to arm bombs,hit friendly forces without forgetting to arm bombs...fine!

Wow... that's special, so like it never ever happened to me, and I'm sure none of the members of our squad have done this!

Yep, basically, that's our approach!

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Spent some CloD time on our server today, and it was a disappointment to me.

The sounds. They have swapped the sound system to FMOD a while back. (Same as in GBS)

The 110 cockpit just is not as roomy any more... :(

I am miffed about this to a level where I am going to uninstall it. (Including Steam... Yeah!)

Consequence of this will mean the end of the DangerDogz CloD and Tobruk servers, as I do not think anybody over here will have the means and willingness to take over the server management of it? Apply updates? Tune missions?

So, this means I will stop both DangerDogz CloD servers ... unless anyone of us objects? 

• 2. Administrators

Maybe it's time. It's not like we get much support from the people using it and with the exception of your good self, I'm not sure how much use we get out of it. It's a shame but maybe it's run it's course.

• Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Although I downloaded it I don't think I have actually ever played it, so all good from me.

Is there anyway to put a message up on the server when (and if) people join to notify them of the fact that it will be being taken down permanently from say 2 weeks from now?

Also does this give us the potential / capacity to put up a public GBS server? We could switch between Tank Crew only and perhaps running flying co-ops like in the old 46' days? Might attract a few people our way?

Salute FT for all your work in keeping Clod going all this time with very little support.

• Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
1 hour ago, Friar said:

Although I downloaded it I don't think I have actually ever played it, so all good from me.

Is there anyway to put a message up on the server when (and if) people join to notify them of the fact that it will be being taken down permanently from say 2 weeks from now?

Also does this give us the potential / capacity to put up a public GBS server? We could switch between Tank Crew only and perhaps running flying co-ops like in the old 46' days? Might attract a few people our way?

Salute FT for all your work in keeping Clod going all this time with very little support.

Thank you.

The servers are down already. 

We can run two GBS servers, which we are doing right now. Stopping Cliffs server is not relevant for this. 

If we want to attract GBS people with a public server, then I think we need to run without the 'enable mods' option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
2 hours ago, FoolTrottel said:

If we want to attract GBS people with a public server, then I think we need to run without the 'enable mods' option.

I would go along with that. 

Perhaps on nights when(if) we run a public Tank Crew night we set the server to no icons but with the player only navigation icon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Given that most of the mods I run are to do with displaying hakenkreuz properly on aircraft I would not be averse to running the public server 'mods off'. In fact the most useful mods that I use the 'mods on' option for are displaying the pilot's notes and tank/aircraft icons. If the icons can be done server side then that's one less and the pilot's notes I have in a folder so are easily get atable - fly an aircraft enough and the settings become familiar anyway. 

'Mods off' on our Public server would help to attract people I think.

• Thanks 1

Happy to ditch CloD, I can barely remember the last time I flew it and it's not even installed on my new rig.
Thanks for all your efforts with it over the years FT; plenty of fun was had there for a while but GBS and DCS rule the roost now.

• Thanks 1

Just created an account to check on the server (2 days offline) to see that it's down indefenitely.

It was fun while it lasted ! Thanks for the server guys and thanks for the fun !

PS:
If it's ok to ask, could the admin of the DangerDogz CLOD server send me the mission files used on both Channel and Tobruk maps ? My Squadron Leader has a server running DCS/Arma3 and is ok to spare some power to launch a CLOD server.
If not, then can someone explain to me (in DM) how to create a misison and host a server and (I did a very simple misison in the Full Mission Builder years ago but forgot everything). I've been playing CLOD since 2012 and I never really created a mission, only played online.

Thanks in advance and again thanks for the server !

• Like 2

• 1. DDz Quorum
3 hours ago, Snax said:

Just created an account to check on the server (2 days offline) to see that it's down indefenitely.

It was fun while it lasted ! Thanks for the server guys and thanks for the fun !

PS:
If it's ok to ask, could the admin of the DangerDogz CLOD server send me the mission files used on both Channel and Tobruk maps ? My Squadron Leader has a server running DCS/Arma3 and is ok to spare some power to launch a CLOD server.
If not, then can someone explain to me (in DM) how to create a misison and host a server and (I did a very simple misison in the Full Mission Builder years ago but forgot everything). I've been playing CLOD since 2012 and I never really created a mission, only played online.

Thanks in advance and again thanks for the server !

The mission files are attached in a zip file here.  DD-Cliffs-Missions.zip

As for starting/creating a server, visit the ATAG forums, they have a thread on the subject: How to start & run a Cliffs of Dover Server - Launcher64.exe -server

Good luck!

• Like 2

Thank you very Much FT ! We will do some tests this week-end and if everything goes as planned, a new public server will be opened :)

Edit: I can't download the files. It says it's unavailble. I maybe don't have the rights to download them yet. 

image.png

• 2. Administrators
On 5/14/2021 at 3:44 PM, Snax said:

Thank you very Much FT ! We will do some tests this week-end and if everything goes as planned, a new public server will be opened :)

Edit: I can't download the files. It says it's unavailble. I maybe don't have the rights to download them yet. 

image.png

Have you managed to get the files yet?

• 1. DDz Quorum
On 5/14/2021 at 4:44 PM, Snax said:

image.png

Maybe take a look at the ATAG Forums, I have uploaded them there as well :  https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30805&p=373235&viewfull=1#post373235

On 5/12/2021 at 10:04 PM, FoolTrottel said:

Spent some CloD time on our server today, and it was a disappointment to me.

The sounds. They have swapped the sound system to FMOD a while back. (Same as in GBS)

The 110 cockpit just is not as roomy any more... :(

I am miffed about this to a level where I am going to uninstall it. (Including Steam... Yeah!)

Consequence of this will mean the end of the DangerDogz CloD and Tobruk servers, as I do not think anybody over here will have the means and willingness to take over the server management of it? Apply updates? Tune missions?

So, this means I will stop both DangerDogz CloD servers ... unless anyone of us objects? 

Please don't !!  aargh ..love dangerdogs and especially the Cliffs of Dover !  ..you know i do.  oh no !!  Where do i go now ...