Our Clod Server: Changes To The Currently Running Mission

• 2. Administrators
5 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Wow!  People are moaning 'cause the DangerDogz server is the only populated one and it's got externals on. Unbelievable....

Tell them to pay for their own bloody server and then they can turn the frickin' externals off all they frickin' like. Freeloaders.

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
15 minutes ago, Jabo said:

Tell them to pay for their own bloody server and then they can turn the frickin' externals off all they frickin' like. Freeloaders.

Obviously CLoD attracts the wrong type of clientelle....

Strange...  I joined the server... crashed a Spit. Back on the main screen I would normally hit the flag and leave current aircraft but anything I do on the main screen gives me the Windows "already busy with something else" sound.  I have to leave server via task manager. Rejoin the server and same thing. Can't use any tab on the main screen, same sound. I have to leave server via task manager.

I join another server, all works as it should. Back to the Dogs server and still the same situation. I have to leave server via task manager.

Confused

• 1. DDz Quorum
21 minutes ago, Perfesser said:

Strange...  I joined the server... crashed a Spit. Back on the main screen I would normally hit the flag and leave current aircraft but anything I do on the main screen gives me the Windows "already busy with something else" sound.  I have to leave server via task manager. Rejoin the server and same thing. Can't use any tab on the main screen, same sound. I have to leave server via task manager.

I join another server, all works as it should. Back to the Dogs server and still the same situation. I have to leave server via task manager.

Confused

Weird... tried just now, and all is fine over here?

Could it be related to a key-setting/assignment in combination with like an external view, which is enabled on our server, but not on other servers?

I really have no idea... 

• 1. DDz Quorum
On 8/10/2020 at 10:05 PM, Perfesser said:

Confused

Just read this same thing happened to the Team Fusion #3 server ... 

• 2 months later...

Blimey. I do feel for the TFS guys, it obviously took dedication and a great deal of hard work, but in the end it took so long to release that most have moved on.
I wonder how many fly campaign/single player?  I may still try it, sometime...

• 2. Administrators

Likewise Chris, Many hundreds of hours work, testing, bug chasing seem to have come to nothing. Unfortunately, CloD is just too 'niche' and although that was fine when the genre was just that one game, with the rise of GBS & DCS and the lack of a major publishers support, I feel that, ultimately, it's doomed. I fully expect that somewhere down the line, 777 will release a BoB GBS module (after all with the Normandy map, most of the relevant area will be covered) and CloD will slip into the sunset. I'll be sad about that partly because it means there'll be no Beaufighter in any current game but mainly because competition, even in a tiny genre, has to be a good thing.

• 1. DDz Quorum
2 hours ago, Sid said:

Are any of the created assets eg. aircraft, portable into another sim eg. GBS?

I feel/think both are completely different in origin: Clod was setup to be ground breaking and all different and detailed to an unbelievable level (I think I remember seeing a screenshot where some texts showed some error on a specifically numbered cylinder/piston of a Merlin ... yeah ... wow) with all kinds of really new features   - weather and shift - Then when it all went like up-shift-creek, it was rushed out, leaving out all kinds of the advanced new stuff... 

GBS was created/developed out of Rise Of Flight, stuff being added to it, and expanded.

So, it's a so eentirely different origin ... too different... 

Well, just my feeling anyways, so please ignore me here :)  

• 2. Administrators
3 hours ago, Sid said:

Are any of the created assets eg. aircraft, portable into another sim eg. GBS?

Unfortunately not without major rework, FM data might be useable, basic models perhaps but ultimately GBS uses a different (newer) game engine and because of this so much data will have to be generated, it might almost be worth starting from scratch.

• 1 month later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Finally made it through a long flight that I had been wanting to do for so long!  :)

Take off from airfield near Cherbourg, in a 110, fly North over the Isle of Wight, and onwards north. Then East to fly over London, the Thames estuary.

Then South East towards France... Next South, Le Havre, then West, and land at the same base I took off from.  This all on our open BoB Server!

Cools. Very Cools.

Dropped two bombs over London. From contrails altitude.  They must have hit the ground. Surely. Maybe the Thames? We'll never know! Think a Spitfire over the Isle of Sheppy set out to intercept me.Haha, no catching me heading East at that altitude in this beast!

One thing to remark while on the last leg heading West: Engines suddenly running rough! Some fiddling with those really complex fuel tank selectors in the 110 fixed that. I think... Kind of a challenge, you know you do not have that much time to fix it, and flipping them switches may or may not give an instant result... so it's flip switch - wait - wait - no change? Undo flip. Next flip ... lol

Worked out fine, landed nicely.

It took me some 120minutes ! 

Next challenge: Similar thing, but in a Blenheim! At least I know how the Fuel selectors work in that beast ... lol

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hurraay! 

I did it!

Blenheim, 100 Fuel, took off from Watchfield, climbed up to like 25k feet! Contrails for the win!

Dropped bombs somewhere over France ... 

After three hours, I landed back at Watchfield. Nearly wrecked it, as at initial approach I glanced to below the left hand engine ... oopsie ... gear was still up!

Go around, no sweat... landed!

So happy! :)

I am a hero... now where's my Swordfish?

• Like 1

Hello Dogz, a big thanks for your servers, I am really enjoying flying your  well made missions/scenarios. Especially the Tobruk map is a wonderfull place for me to come in the evening and blow up some stuff for relaxation.Originally I come from Il2 GB,but gave Desert wings a try,because of,well the desert,and the possibility to drop torpedoes finally again since Il2 1946.And it tops my expectations by far!One question, is there also a stats page?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don_Quijote said:

Hello Dogz, a big thanks for your servers, I am really enjoying flying your  well made missions/scenarios. Especially the Tobruk map is a wonderfull place for me to come in the evening and blow up some stuff for relaxation.Originally I come from Il2 GB,but gave Desert wings a try,because of,well the desert,and the possibility to drop torpedoes finally again since Il2 1946.And it tops my expectations by far!One question, is there also a stats page?

Hi Don_Quijote:salute: