Our Clod Server: Changes To The Currently Running Mission

• 1. DDz Quorum

Finally found the "issue" with that weird truck icon on the map in Dover, the one with the yellow/orange explosive marker on top of it... It turned out to be a Balloon Winch. Never knew I put it in there... changed it to a Barrage Balloon, and there ya go... I know it's not really relevant, and not really worth mentioning here, but it had been bugging me for ages ... and I am happy it's now been fixed.

(It's not easy to find a truck, when you are looking for one, and in the mission builder you are looking at something  that does not look like a truck, it looks like a Barrage Balloon... amongst many others ... )

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

At the moment our DF server has some weird issue in running CloD. 

Last Thursday we experienced a crash due to the issue...

Have not yet found out what is wrong exactly,  but basically the DF server is not running CloD at the moment.

However, it is up and available, as at the moment I am running it from my secondary PC.  Not sure whether I can keep it running 24/7 though... oh well ... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

Hooray!

All you need to do now is spawn in, fly to the airfield the rest of the chaps are starting from, land, switch off then start up and you can be away while the spitties are warming up! lol

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
2 hours ago, Jabo said:

Hooray!

All you need to do now is spawn in, fly to the airfield the rest of the chaps are starting from, land, switch off then start up and you can be away while the spitties are warming up! lol

Brilliant approach... the one I initially had used was to use airspawn at Hawkinge at 1m altitude... did not work out really...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Grid AS26 now has some static ships in them, of the neutral type, ie. neither belonging to Red nor Blue army. They are kinda grey-ish.

These are bombing targets, and once destroyed, they will not be re-spawning. Well, after another mission restart they will all be back in for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Have removed like all of the 'Radio Beacon' objects in the mission, as well as most of the 'Radar' objects - There were a lot of them in there, and I kinda figured out only one Radar object on each side (Red/Blue) was needed to cover all icons-on-the-map and radio messages on bandits left/right... 

Well, I hope so anyways...

(In theory, if you know where the enemy's single Radar object is located, you could basically blind him in one go... )

FT

I have been having trouble spawning in on the German side. Its the same issue I was having with all aircraft  a while ago  that I fixed changing realism settings but that was on my server only. I can "create" a RAF aircraft but not a German one at least most of the time on our server. Sometimes it will spawn me in an aircraft but most of the time it wont. I don't think it has to do with realism settings on my end. Is there something that limits the number of total AC per side on our server? 

clod.jpg

• 1. DDz Quorum

There's no specific limit to numbers on our server, apart from the total of 44.

Is this limited to one a/c type?

I know that patch 4.5x changed something regarding 109 gunbelt sttings/loadouts, if you had some set in the past, it now mat struggle with the old values. 

Open User.ini, and edit it, and throw out the 109 gunbelt settings... and/or for other German types that cannot be created.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum
2 hours ago, Jabo said:

I was talking to one of the TF devs the other day, and he was saying that this server is a HUGE asset to the community - well done FT

Hoorray! Good to hear that!

(Mind you, group effort! Somebody setup the Windows server, somebodies paid for it, somebody guided us in the right direction as for basic mission and tooling... and some fool glued it all together, and keeps it up and running!)

• Thanks 2

• 2. Administrators
1 hour ago, FoolTrottel said:

Hoorray! Good to hear that!

(Mind you, group effort! Somebody setup the Windows server, somebodies paid for it, somebody guided us in the right direction as for basic mission and tooling... and some fool glued it all together, and keeps it up and running!)

You're too modest

4 hours ago, Jabo said:

I was talking to one of the TF devs the other day, and he was saying that this server is a HUGE asset to the community - well done FT

Well that is interesting.  I note that late last year TFS bought the ATAG website.  They still call for constant donations on the ATAG website as apparently the ATAG server costs $250 per month to run. 

Since our server is "a HUGE asset to the community" do you think next time you're talking to one of the TF devs you could mention that perhaps we'd like a slice of the action to keep our server running?

Just a thought........

1 hour ago, DD_Arthur said:

Well that is interesting.  I note that late last year TFS bought the ATAG website.  They still call for constant donations on the ATAG website as apparently the ATAG server costs $250 per month to run. 

Since our server is "a HUGE asset to the community" do you think next time you're talking to one of the TF devs you could mention that perhaps we'd like a slice of the action to keep our server running?

Just a thought........

Sorry Jabo.  This comes across as a bit shirty? 

It's not meant to:blink: but I would like to stimulate some sort of discussion.  Do we have any idea if we've received any donations from users of the CLoD server?

• 1. DDz Quorum
5 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Sorry Jabo.  This comes across as a bit shirty? 

It's not meant to:blink: but I would like to stimulate some sort of discussion.  Do we have any idea if we've received any donations from users of the CLoD server?

There have been some, a few...as in not many. Can't see the history of donations, so...

The server used to show a message in the chat, every 15 minutes or so - but in the end I found it a nuisance, not adding much, so I removed it... there is a line in the server briefing though:  "Please donate @ www.DangerDogz.com"

Discussion?  What discussion? What options do we have?

1. Open server, free for all, fun for all. People are free to donate, but have to find their way to our forums. (Current situation)

2. Closed server, password only available to DD's. Might as well shut it down, uninstall it, for the Thursdays sessions I can host. Or fly on ATAG. Free up resources for DCS.

3. Closed server, password only available to those who have donated. Who's going to administer that?

If you feel anything is wrong with the current setup, where you think people should not be using our server unless they've donated, then by all means feel free to go and advertise the server, and add a donate link + instructions.

Oh, sorry, let's keep an open mind.

Please discuss...

12 minutes ago, FoolTrottel said:

Please discuss...

I'm interested to see if we can lever any of the donations made to ATAG - part of a commercial organisation - to help fund the running of our server.

However,  I'm now even more interested in the idea of using any funds that can be raised from our CLoD server being put into the potential running of our own DCS server. 

• Like 1