Shoreham Airshow - 30Th-31St August

BluBear

Howdy Chaps,

I appreciate this will really only apply to the UK Dogz but it's looking like this year's show will be a classic!

Saturday seems to be the best day with the addition of the Vulcan, but we do get the Canadian Lanc both days.

For a full list of participants, see here:

http://www.shorehamairshow.co.uk/whatson/aircraft.html

Vulcan, two Lancasters, Typhoon, Hunter and a rare appearance by TFC US Navy warbirds are my top picks!

So, who's in?

• Like 1

Ok chaps, judging by the effect the two lancs are having on other shows (Sywelll just sold out in advance!) and combine that with the 'Vulcan effect' of the Saturday line up, it may be prudent to book your tickets in advance!

• 2. Administrators

I see from the latest issue of FlyPast magazine (other aviation periodicals are available), Dr Robert Pleming (the guy whose company operates the Vulcan) has said that they are currently working towards flying the Vulcan with both the Lancasters at shows where all three are booked together! Anyone like to hazard a guess as to which show is the first where all three aircraft are making an appearance?

Jabo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Ok Chaps, now that this is upon us, time to firm up some arrangements..

What time are we getting there?

Where should we meet (the Spitfire Bar has been mentioned ;)

Your thoughts

(I will be arriving by train into Shoreham-By-Sea train station and then either walking or getting the free shuttle.)

Gates open at 8.30, i'll be getting there for that time as we are driving.

I've never had a problem finding somewhere to park in the past, however, the prospect of the 2 Lancs and also the Vulcan in attendance will most likely raise the numbers somewhat!

The Spitfire Bar is usually smack behind the centreline of the display and is as good a place as any to meet. :)

• 1. DDz Quorum

Right, I have now booked my train tickets.

I will be arriving at Shoreham train station at 9:30 so should be at the airfield by 10:00

May I suggest a meeting time window of 10:00 - 10:30 at the Spitfire Bar?