Dcs Wwii 1944 - July Update (Bad News For Backers)

Snacko

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=126673

The good news has been that DCS has taken on the failing project...

The bad news is they say they won't make any money by giving backers what they were promised.

So @ $50 as a Backer I was supposed to get:

Everything at the $10 level, plus a digital copy of all flyable aircraft in the game (this will grow with the stretch goals and possibly end up offering a huge value!)

and now I get:

Bronze Backer credit in manuals
DCS: P-51D Mustang and print-ready PDF manual
Normandy Map
DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora, Alpha access, and print-ready PDF manual

I already have the P-51D! Why not just let us pick our aircraft???

So, basically I am just getting 1 aircraft, when I paid for them ALL?  Hopefully, they will rethink this and at least let us pick our own aircraft!

Well DCS is pretty good to it's customers in general.  There have been a few good suggestions in that thread and the Moderators said that DCS is listening.

I think it is good that the didn't let it die...  Kickstarters are just a risky investment really, but you need to understand that is what they are.  There is no guarantee...

But if they want to offer me 2 planes after the "All the planes" Kickstarter project failed, I would be happy.  But I would only be getting 1 since I already own the P51!  Why not let us pick the planes?  I don't see how that makes much difference to them?  Unless their thinking is "Let's give them a plane they don't want, so they will have to buy more planes."  

Time will tell...

Quote from one of the Moderators:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ami7b5 viewpost.gif
Look, you seem to be quite a fair guy and you are certainly not in an easy position now - trying to defend, well..., sometimes undefendable.
Tell me pls., what logic is behind giving people who already own Mustang another one. 
It is just against common sense.
I wanted a Dora, now I shall have two Mustangs and no Dora.
I praised DCS : P-51 everywhere, but this would ruin all confidence I have had in ED and I'm afraid I would loose all interest in any further ED products, sry.
Its been made perfectly clear that people are upset by this, lets see if ED reviews and is able to make changes... all I ask is you be patient and see what happens... but its quite clear people want the ability to swap.

• 2 weeks later...

I backed the kickstarter for $100.00. I already have the 51 so I should get

$100-$119
Silver Backer credit in manuals
Five aircraft of choice, beta access, and print-ready PDF manuals
Normandy Map

- Fw 190 D-9
- Bf-109K-4
- Spitfire
- P-47D
- Me.262A1