Funflak's "marines Dream"

Funflak

Here are photos of one of my most favorite models .The F4U Corsair. I was fortune enough to get photos of the real aircraft up close and personel. Sat in it....LOL

I built it from a Top Flight Kit. 85" wingspan. Model is all wood construction. Was glassed then all surface detail installed(panel lines, hatches,flush rivets sliding canopy). Painted with base coat/clear coat automotive paints and powered by a 50cc gas engine. It has operating retracts and sequencing gear doors, sliding canopy. Sorry no tail hook :icon_puke_l: Complete cockpit with scale pilot.

I used this model to compete at Top Gun back in 2004. A friend of mine had more money than I have brains and he now owns it and displays it on special occasions. He will not fly it. The plane weighed 30#s.

post-429-0-56232000-1397928406_thumb.jpgpost-429-0-67432800-1397928426_thumb.jpgpost-429-0-64722100-1397928454_thumb.jpg

If you would like to see more of the models Iv'e built let me know :salute:

. A friend of mine had more money than I have brains and he now owns it and displays it on special occasions. He will not fly it.

If you would like to see more of the models Iv'e built let me know :salute:

I don't blame him!  Much too good to risk.  Would love to see some more of your work Gary.  Looks fantastic! :thumbsu:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Fantastic models Flak, makes our little plastic model planes look a bit pathetic : )

It takes an engineer like yourself to put one of those babies together and you should be proud, I know I would be.

Put up a few pics of that huge P51 m8....

Painless.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Fantastic models Flak, makes our little plastic model planes look a bit pathetic : )

Hey, thank you very much!  :angry4:

This thread and Nick's fiddlin' with masking tape yesterday  has inspired me to pickup the work on the Swordfish again...  B)

... and whilst doing that... yeah, you are right... 

Oh well ...

Beautiful thing you've been creating there FF, makes me want to ... oh, never mind, I do not have the accuracy, nor the patience and tenacity to produce a result anywhere remotely like that!

Hey, when do you guys have another Wright Patterson RC Airshow on that runway?  I loved the RC Jets, and think my nephew's two boys would like it.  They keep talking about going back to the museum again...  They are only 4-5 years old, so their attention span is kind short though..

First of all. It takes skill and patients to do any scale modeling regardless of scale. The work all of you do on the plastic models is amazing and note worthy. Only difference is size.

Snacko, I can't tell you if or when the RC show will be back at the museum. The group that put it on has all but disbanded due to age. I used to run the flight line and helped put the show on for many years. It was great seeing all of those models fly. I will be heading for Top Gun this Wendsday to flight judge over the week end. I get to set on the flight line and witness some if the finest scale models fly in the world. I will try to get photos to pass along. I can not video them due to judging. I will get there Thursday and will have time to photograph them in the pits.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...