New Game Launcher, New Set Up

• 3 weeks later...

Mitchells will be in initial Bodenplatte release as a.i. only.  The expectation is that a full, flyable release will follow in the not too distant future.  Big modelling and coding job though - they'll be making what amounts to three cockpits for one aircraft.

Bodenplatte is gonna be fun.. I have flown around in the Mark IX in both the clipped and normal wing configuration and I like it.. lots of good "birds" coming!

• 2. Administrators

Been flying the Spitty, absolute joy to fly, essentially 3 flavours,

Mk IXe LF (merlin 66)

Mk IXe LF clipped wing

Mk IXe HF (merlin 70)

Although you could make a Mk IXe HF clipped wing, the way modifications work, not sure that was ever actually a thing though. I know there was a fairly rare mod to add to the wing of the high altitude spits, which did the almost unachievable act of making a spit fugly, so taking some off of high altitude spits seems unlikely. Since its bank holiday and i'm feeling exceptionally lazy as i type, i can't be bothered to check in my copy of spitfire the history no more than six feet away....

The Gyro gunsight is a thing of beauty, and actually feels like cheating a bit, no wonder it was nicknamed the ace maker! 

50's hit hard in this game to, so the 2 in the e wing are easily good enough to down fighters on there own if needs be.

• 3 weeks later...

Another update........

Hello everybody,

Three weeks have passed since the update 3.003 which started the early access of Bodenplatte. At the moment, we prepare to release another important update that will bring required functionality to support Steam requirements for the distribution of a new content. In addition to purely technical stuff 'under the hood', this will make running the game through Steam more streamlined, without entering login and password.

Meanwhile, the development of the new project goes according to the plan. Fw 190 A-8 will go into testing soon (to be released in Bodenplatte early access shortly thereafter) and engineers are already working on P-47D-28 flight model. 3D artist department works on several aircraft at once - P-47D-28, Fw 190 D-9, P-51D-15, Me 262 A, Hawker Tempest Mk.V series 2 and Bf 109 K-4 - some of them are nearly finished while the work on others just started.

Today we can show you the first WIP screenshots of two planes from this list:  P-47D-28 и Fw 190 D-9.

_47_1.thumb.jpg.3e7dbdb5733e3d5ff9cccf11fbe182b2.jpg_47_2.thumb.jpg.f6e07b86893b3fddffb95fc74f67efa7.jpg

_190_1.thumb.jpg.488ff95b3f900e950f20662e8f15c5b1.jpg_190_2.thumb.jpg.9e2d22847b892474ee62f6934d6e517a.jpg

• Like 2

• 1. DDz Quorum
57 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Bit of a sale on again chaps............

https://il2sturmovik.com/store/battle-of-moscow/

Yes, yes, for those that only have Battle of Stalingrad this might be indeed particularly and extra specially interesting... 

As in... Go for it!

(Not sure what it will bring you exactly, but I think I can guess it may tempt our Arthur to do some more mission editing, as he could add Bom-aircraft to his rather recently edited/created Bos-aircraft-specific missions...  And we all realize that keeping Arthur busy is very important to keep our world safe, stable, and with plenty of food and drinks... :sheepsmile:)

• Like 2

• 2. Administrators
On 6/15/2018 at 3:44 PM, Crash said:

Another update........

Hello everybody,

Three weeks have passed since the update 3.003 which started the early access of Bodenplatte. At the moment, we prepare to release another important update that will bring required functionality to support Steam requirements for the distribution of a new content. In addition to purely technical stuff 'under the hood', this will make running the game through Steam more streamlined, without entering login and password.

Meanwhile, the development of the new project goes according to the plan. Fw 190 A-8 will go into testing soon (to be released in Bodenplatte early access shortly thereafter) and engineers are already working on P-47D-28 flight model. 3D artist department works on several aircraft at once - P-47D-28, Fw 190 D-9, P-51D-15, Me 262 A, Hawker Tempest Mk.V series 2 and Bf 109 K-4 - some of them are nearly finished while the work on others just started.

Today we can show you the first WIP screenshots of two planes from this list:  P-47D-28 и Fw 190 D-9.

_47_1.thumb.jpg.3e7dbdb5733e3d5ff9cccf11fbe182b2.jpg_47_2.thumb.jpg.f6e07b86893b3fddffb95fc74f67efa7.jpg

_190_1.thumb.jpg.488ff95b3f900e950f20662e8f15c5b1.jpg_190_2.thumb.jpg.9e2d22847b892474ee62f6934d6e517a.jpg

I'm really looking forward to the Dora and Tempest (p47 meh!).

I even had random dream about flying the tempest in box the other week, first time I can ever remember having a dream about a computer game!

• 3 weeks later...