New Game Launcher, New Set Up

• 1. DDz Quorum
6 hours ago, BluBear said:

Ok, so I bit the bullet and bought BoS Premium yesterday.

I only had about 10 minutes before bed to have a look after it had downloaded and initial impressions visually are very encouraging, without any set-up. I didn't assign anything, just launched a LaGG 3 quick mission to have a gander. I'll get down and dirty with it tomorrow when I have more time.

One strange thing I ran into, on initial boot of the game after install, when I clicked 'allow access' to the first run firewall popup it seemed to repeatedly spam the forgot password button on the splash screen causing many thousands of tabs to open in Chrome bringing my PC to a grinding halt before i'd even got into the game. After returning some order to the situation via the task manager, force quitting everything, I tried again but it wouldn't log me in, it just sat there with a spinning wheel for about ten minutes. Tried logging into my account online but it denied access due to over spamming from my IP address! I gave it a few minutes and tried again and managed to log in to the website no problem. Tried the game again and it did it again, a cacophony of clicks as it opened Chrome and spammed the hell out of it! I managed to bring it back under control eventually without having to force quit the game this time and logged in OK. I was close to turning off the PC by the button and walking away though!

What would be causing this? It's like a sticky key but I couldn't find a culprit. The second time it happened there was no firewall pop-up, so I don't think that was the issue.

To me it sounds as if BoS is trying to access a site/address on the internet to do some checks - like your account/password - which somehow fires up Chrome. (Like if you just type http://dangerdogz.com in the search box and press enter, the default browser - in your case Chrome - will be started.) Now whether BoS is the culprit, or your Chrome? One tends to think the latter, as this is rather unique behavior :)

Was there any address in the browsers tab? (Not looking for site content - there is none)

If it continues, you could try this: If you go to chrome://settings then "Show Advanced Settings" there is a section for Downloads and a button for "Clear auto-opening settings"

(Could still have a different cause)

3 hours ago, FoolTrottel said:

Was there any address in the browsers tab? (Not looking for site content - there is none)

Yes, it was the password reset URL (http://il2sturmovik.com/account/password/reset/) which is linked from the log-in page on the splash screen.
I just don't know why it was spamming it thousands* of times? I think it was directly under the 'Allow Access' button on the Firewall pop-up when I clicked it.

I'll boot it again shortly and see what happens...

OK i'm pleased to say it didn't happen again, woohoo! Thanks for your help anyway chaps, i'll be giving it a thorough testing tomorrow evening fingers crossed.

*"A typical 8GB RAM and i7 Processor can crash out your google chrome for around ~9600 tabs."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

Excellent - paid by then so I'll pre-order bodenplatte and the two collector planes I don't already have (premium version of the other modules have got me all the other collector planes already). Fully up to date then...

Although I might hold off on Bodenplatte for a bit - there will be other sales later I suppose...Dither, dither

• 2 weeks later...

Developer Diary from Han

Hello everybody,

Today we don't have a lot of news, we just want to tell you that the work on 3.001 update is near its end. We have 20 Career mission types working of 25 planned for the release. The most of the initially found issues are fixed and some tweaks are already in the place.

To give you a general idea of the scale of this update, its change list will contain 90 items, nearly a third of which are significant changes and improvements. The sheer number of these changes means that after 3.001 release hotfixes will likely follow because there could be problems that couldn't be found by the testers. We're sure this teething period will be short.

P-39L-1 cockpit is almost ready, perhaps we'll spend 1-2 days for final 'polishing' of its textures, but we can already show you its overall look. 

1.thumb.jpg.560541757c9c9d1d776b3b793ffd3433.jpg2.thumb.jpg.f8d56044177b7d481905d44c659efb9f.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.30b6b12b37a9b3d909ea4299f4271795.jpg4.thumb.jpg.073e37448c17ef95eb2b39c0d877c09c.jpg

All other changes and additions planned for 3.001 release are finished. Therefore, we plan to release this humongous update in 2-3 weeks. We want to release it as soon as possible ourselves: all we're doing we're doing for you and your feedback is very important for us. But we need to make a bit more effort to give you the result that will not only be massive, but also good functioning, so these days will be spent on debugging and refinement of the new functionality.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bodenplatte 'planes taking shapeB)

Spit_2.thumb.jpg.418db028aaccb4b3c15fa59

Seems we're going to get LF/HF versions too!

Spit_1.thumb.jpg.66dbaacb2212bf0e7025263

and more of these....the seventh version of the '109 to appear in this sim:rolleyes:

bf109_1.thumb.jpg.bdd3e2ec09ce5ad4f0b7a3

bf109_2.thumb.jpg.ab685b81007bbf6be63822

and most significant of all and a nice surprise...because this has been made by a sub-contract modelling team

Po2_2.thumb.jpg.21980394b10a6c764269b93d

Po2_1.thumb.jpg.3937cf2b5e0d924689c2bc8a

• 3 weeks later...