New Game Launcher, New Set Up

On 2017-10-26 at 12:12 PM, Crash said:

What map is that Arthur? I bet Swep would like it :)

On 2017-10-27 at 9:57 AM, Jabo said:

Hmmm, I feel a purchase coming on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks intresting :)

Air raid in progress.

@Jabo; I suspect next sale will be Thanksgiving weekend at the end of this month.

@Crash; I'm sure you can not put flaps on a rotary as there is no "toggle flaps" command.  It's got to be a button press of some sort I think. 

I've not really played about with the hud as I like to get rid of all the stuff on the screen as much as possible.  I know there is some sort of mini map available but I've never used it. I use the main map a great deal as it's vital for navigation over western Russia.  The online technique is to have a good look at your six,  note your heading and engage level auto-pilot.  Then you bring up the map and see if can match up the landscape features you see out of the cockpit.

And do a lot of guessing too.............................:salute:

Oh yeah, the hud.    According to the devs having the hud on accounts for 42% of your gpu's effort in running the sim.:o  They only found this out recently.  To get rid of it press H.   

• 3 weeks later...

I had not flown BoX with anyone until yesterday with Jack and AP.  I found out that Jack can host with no problems on his local pc.  Gustang has made many missions and knows the editor pretty well.  And you can see your aircraft on the o map by pressing the i key.  It shows up as a black aircraft icon.  

We just flew one mission, but we started on the runway with engines running.  Just had to know how to set 2-3 things before takeoff.  

One of the things that had confused me is that I didn't know that you can have duplicate hotas assignments in your settings.  I thought they would conflict.  You can setup an axis for something in one aircraft and the same axis for something else in another aircraft.  I had not assigned an axis to the La5's cowl flaps because I had used all of my axis for other planes.  But Jack explained that was not a problem.  I can just assign it again.  

• Like 1

On 11/4/2017 at 1:12 PM, Crash said:

I am still playing around with the settings., I cant find the pitch settings are they the RPM setting and can that be on a slider? I am quite enjoying it so far but I find the airfields are hard to spot :)

Yes, Prop Pitch is called 'Propeller RPM control'.

Ok, so I bit the bullet and bought BoS Premium yesterday.

I only had about 10 minutes before bed to have a look after it had downloaded and initial impressions visually are very encouraging, without any set-up. I didn't assign anything, just launched a LaGG 3 quick mission to have a gander. I'll get down and dirty with it tomorrow when I have more time.

One strange thing I ran into, on initial boot of the game after install, when I clicked 'allow access' to the first run firewall popup it seemed to repeatedly spam the forgot password button on the splash screen causing many thousands of tabs to open in Chrome bringing my PC to a grinding halt before i'd even got into the game. After returning some order to the situation via the task manager, force quitting everything, I tried again but it wouldn't log me in, it just sat there with a spinning wheel for about ten minutes. Tried logging into my account online but it denied access due to over spamming from my IP address! I gave it a few minutes and tried again and managed to log in to the website no problem. Tried the game again and it did it again, a cacophony of clicks as it opened Chrome and spammed the hell out of it! I managed to bring it back under control eventually without having to force quit the game this time and logged in OK. I was close to turning off the PC by the button and walking away though!

What would be causing this? It's like a sticky key but I couldn't find a culprit. The second time it happened there was no firewall pop-up, so I don't think that was the issue.

Hmmm...dunno whats going on there BluBear.:(   One thing that I've found very useful is after each update of the game, before launching the game i re-boot my PC so that everything is....just so, if you see what i mean?

Later tonight I'll sit down and do some sort of new user's guide.

• Like 2