New Game Launcher, New Set Up

Prop-pitch tied to throttle?  Sounds like your game is in 'Normal' difficulty mode. :icon_puke_l: 

This means simplified flight physics and engine management.  To check - and to put your game into the same settings you'd use for IL2 1946, CLoD and DCS -  go into the QMB screen and down the bottom right is the select realism button.  Click on it and then select custom mode and UNCHECK all the boxes except;

Object markers

Allow spectators

Warmed up engine

Auto pilot

Much nicer!

Re-shade settings?  I'm using the latest version which is now 3.something or other.  Check out post #10 in this thread;

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/26142-reshadesweetfx-help/

Yes.  Realism was set to Normal.  Now it's set to what you said.  And I saw your ReShade settings.  Thx!  Cheers!

Just so I am clear..  There is no tail lock?  I watched the videos you posted and some others.. And they said the tail wheel was steerable with the pedals.  So, I guess it does not just lock if it is steerable?

P40 tailwheel works like this;

If you do NOT push on the rudder bar the tail wheel is left locked in place.

If you push the rudder more than 30 degrees the tailwheel becomes steerable.

You only need that for sharp turns from parking spots and then use the toe brakes too.   In the video - when I'm taxiing around the track to the start of the runway, with just a little speed up - I'm just using a spot of rudder to keep it going right.  Only about 15% throttle.

Oh yeah; once airborne you can close the cooling flaps almost completely.

Be prepared to crash - a lot!:salute:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Another BIG update coming to BoS at the end of this month which will see the release of the Kuban map with the water technology from RoF added to the game along with new FM calculations for all planes,  new shadow technology,  torpedoes, enhanced graphic options and the usual host of minor upgrades, bug fixes, etc.

Kuban release has now become an important step on the way to Battle of Midway - the next BoX theatre.  Kuban also has - thank heavens - mountains and sea;  a pleasant change from the endless steppe of Stalingrad  and the equally endless regions of forest and marsh around Moscow.

IL2_BOK_scr_014.jpg

Just a reminder if you has BoS but have not fired it up in a while;  for several months now you have been able to access all of the maps in multiplayer even if you only have one of the base games.  For example - if you only own BoS you are able to fly on the Moscow map in multiplayer.

Also, if you haven't updated your game in a while I would think it worth doing now - before the release of what will be a major, game changing patch.

Oh yeah;  could not resist posting a quick Spitfire circuit in my Vb with Merlin 45M engine:salute: 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

That looks like the best map so far. I bought a Oculus Rift for half price last week and have been setting up my games. Finally got bos/bom setup, but haven't had a chance to fly it yet.. Hopefully I'll find time today..

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

wow... the raindrops on the cockpit glass when stationary is very cool, looking great! (Would like to know how it sounds with the engine off... )

But while flying, I think the streaming stuff over the glass will quickly become annoying ... :) Not to rain on their parade, but there's realism and there's ... well, you do not want to spend that much on a great graphics card and monitor, to have the beautiful view to the outside messed up like that!