New Game Launcher, New Set Up

I visited a friend who had the same setup as I have and also had a oculus rift. I was not impressed enough to drop any cash on it yet even though the price has dropped.

Don't get me wrong, it was awesome. But it's not there yet for me. The main problem was that the graphics were like looking through a screen door at 3 inches away. They call it the waffle effect. So details are not so clear. I am confident this will be improved soon. The other thing is hand recognition, which is also coming along. I definitely will get one someday.. [emoji16]

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

New to BoS?   Wanna' go online?  Sure, why not?  Just grab yourself the easiest plane to fly, preferably one where you can't break the engine and with just one big 'go lever' to worry about.

Ahh...the Bf109G2.:rolleyes:  Great - it's got gunpods too.  Load 'em up and head off to the nearest enemy field!  Lets not worry about balancing the server or anything....:thumbsu:

Hey, get shot down?  Is that allowed - I mean, I just paid sixty bucks for this game and I get shot down?:o

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It would appear two weeks exactly; the sixth of July.  To coincide with the end of their "huge summer sale". 

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/29773-huge-summer-sale-spitfire-and-blazing-steppe/#entry482856

Gits!

This has been the most anticipated plane release by far.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/page-5

• 1. DDz Quorum

Found this, here: link to Il2 Forums

- Airplane has a tailwheel control system which is unlocked by the rudder if the rudder pedal is pressed more than half of its range. The tailwheel remains locked if pedals are deflected less than half way. Because of this, it is necessary to avoid large rudder pedal inputs when moving at high speed.
- Airplane has independent left and right hydraulic wheel brakes. To brake it is necessary to push upper part of the rudder pedal.

P40 manual?  There isn't really such a thing inside the game.  The link FT gives is a very handy one and gives all the aircraft specs and engine limits.  Engine limits are very important on the P40!

Here's one of Requiem's excellent guides;

One of the oddities of the BoS series is the importance of learning how to taxi.  Actually flying the planes is the easy bit.  It's mastering the ground handling that takes some practise.

The P40 isn't too hard but its a matter of gentle inputs in all things.   It has toe brakes which makes things a lot easier but the tail-wheel steering on these things requires....familiarisationB)

Do not be tempted to push the prop-pitch control to 100% as you'll blow the engine just after take-off.  Around 85% is sufficient.  During the take off run the tail will come up easily but you'll need to give  a bit of a tug on the stick to actually get it off the ground.  Again, watch the engine settings I'm using.

At the end of July/early August there will be a major change to the FM modelling released which will hopefully have a positive effect on the P40 which at the moment - in combination with the strict engine limits we have - is a bit of a handful.  

:salute: