New Game Launcher, New Set Up

• 2. Administrators

low level buzz over Stalingrad :salute:

Gone back to fraps for BoS, seems Shadowplay and BoS doesn't like youtube, the vid is fine before upload, but the sounds buggered once on youtube.

Have to say the game looks stunning in 4k.

• 2. Administrators

Don't know about trims per see, but you can and have been able to bind the elevator trim on a 109 to an axis because its a stabiliser rather than a tab. Arthur will know, but I bet not!

Trim on a slider Comrade Crashski?  Nyet.

As fruitbat says; you can assign the horizontal stabilizer control on the '109 to an axis because the real thing was operated by a control wheel.   The same thing on the '190 was electrically controlled by buttons so.....you have to do it wiv' buttons.

I think the only other things you can put on an axis are oil and water radiator controls and prop. pitch.  Not prop. pitch for the '109 or 190 though as they were supposed to be flown on auto so its buttons again!

Simples. :sleepy3:   Oh yeah, this will probably come in handy

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/16752-il-2bos-user-manual-released-first-edition-english/

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there an RPM control for German planes?  I am just playing with this for the first time in a while.. and watched a vid on the He111 startup.  He shows increasing RPMs for both engines before starting.  But I only see an RPM (Soviet) control for both engines, and then there is an RPM for engine 1 and engine 2 that does not say (Soviet).  So, I'm confused..

Is there an RPM control for German planes?  I am just playing with this for the first time in a while.. and watched a vid on the He111 startup.  He shows increasing RPMs for both engines before starting.  But I only see an RPM (Soviet) control for both engines, and then there is an RPM for engine 1 and engine 2 that does not say (Soviet).  So, I'm confused..

What are your realism settings Snacko?  Sounds like you're in Normal Mode.  In this mode the engine management is simplified and you won't get prop pitch control.

To change this; go into Quick Mission and by the green start bar is another tab with realism.  Click on that and select custom and you can choose what you want.  Btw; leave "warmed up engine" on.  

Ok, thanks.  Yes, I was in a custom realism setting.  But I was wondering why there was only a Soviet RPM control as a 'general' control.  I have not assigned it, but maybe I should just test it.  Maybe it's a mistake, and it's not just for soviet aircraft?

How do you know what Expert mode is?  When you select it, the list of settings closes so you cannot see it.  Well, I assume I should turn off all of the right column?  (Piloting Assistance)  That has the engine controls assists.  Keep Warmed up engine on.  And the Gameplay options are just up to me I guess..

EDIT:

Well, I did just assign that Soviet RPM control to an axis, and it works fine in the He111.  So, it's not just for Soviet...

How do you add custom/personal skins to the game?  What folder do they go in?  I've downloaded a few..

Also, how to you play in a tank?  I read about tanks on the forums, but don't see anyway to get into one.  Is that just an online thing?  I'm still knocking around learning the basics, and have not been online yet...

Personal skins go in;  

C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\graphics\skins

Tanks are on multiplayer or you need to download some single missions for them.  Check out post number 12 in this thread.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/19490-game-version-1105-discussion-bf-110-e-2-tanks-mouse-control/

A variety of useful training missions.

Happy christmas Snacko :salute:

• 1 month later...

Trim on a slider Comrade Crashski?  Nyet.

As fruitbat says; you can assign the horizontal stabilizer control on the '109 to an axis because the real thing was operated by a control wheel   The same thing on the '190 was electrically controlled by buttons so.....you have to do it wiv' buttons.

I think the only other things you can put on an axis are oil and water radiator controls and prop. pitch.  Not prop. pitch for the '109 or 190 though as they were supposed to be flown on auto so its buttons again!

Simples. :sleepy3:   Oh yeah, this will probably come in handy

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/16752-il-2bos-user-manual-released-first-edition-english/

Thus the frustration with them not including it on the other aircraft with control wheels for trim. I'm going to get over this, but it sure does eat at my craw.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a cunning plan with the trim  :) I have bought a couple of rotary encoders and plan to swap them into the positions that my trim pots are. I know that now Loft has gone some issues are being looked at , and the future plans are looking hopeful, so I will give this a go when I get my bits.