New Game Launcher, New Set Up

Sid might be interested in this. I think I will give BoS another go. The reason I got disinterested was mainly down to Loft and the other developers attitude and pig headedness over unlocks and stuff, but I feel that with an interesting addition on the cards it might have a future after all.

• 2. Administrators

Just give the damn game some content. Devs are a joke, can make a good sim of flight but have no idea how to make a game.

I wont be buying the sequal, havent played BoS for months, nothing to do in it thats worth while apart from scenic flights, so called campaign is worlds biggest pos.

• 2. Administrators

And given the fact that now the aircraft limited to the 'pre-release' purchasers can be bought instead - what was the point of buying into the alpha? None. Will be taking the Bongo route and giving up my license in return for my damn money back.

• 2. Administrators

Blimey. 

I'm not at the stage of selling mine, but i see no point in buying BoM until there's actually some in game content.

A few more planes and another map doesn't matter much when you cant do jack with them.

I laugh at the Devs claims back in Alpha how we were going to have a fantastic offline experience, there is precisely none except for crappy disjointed unlock bollocks missions billed as a campaign. BoM is just another bit of revenue off the fanbois for them, we'll see if anything actually changes (hopefully) or when this mythical fmb might drop (god only knows why its taken so long)

This game desperately needs an fmb to do something with it and then the community might be able to inject some substance into the game, not that we'll be seeing co-ops anytime soon either, and yes i saw Zak's comments, but since we've supposed to be getting the fmb for as long as i can remember, i scoff at that.

Its like they've almost tried too make the most stupid decisions to ruin their what could be a good game.

Another big update later this week including the release - at last - of Dserver and the Mission Editor.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/page-3#entry234679

Oh yeah; in view of what fruitbat quite correctly says above about the lack of content - perhaps something even more significant was released this week too;

Whats significant about my little vid? - apart from the forty odd a.i. planes its running - well I made the mission myself.  I don't have access to the Mission Editor either and its a fairly simple bomber intercept thing but it was a piece of the proverbial to make and I made it.

Lets face it; if I can make it, any one can :P .   Check this out;

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/14672-release-simple-3rd-party-mission-builder-bos/

BoS got interesting again. :salute:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Another major update will be released on Wednesday this week which will see - amongst a lot of other stuff - the release of summer and autumn maps for BoS.

To coincide with this they're having an autumn sale now;

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/18854-fall-sale-just-started/#entry296161

http://il2sturmovik.com/store/

• Like 1