New Game Launcher, New Set Up

Thanks Snacko.  Confusing why it works on your set up and not on others.

Tell me what there is to do, apart from airquake, especially with the news in the latest dev blog.

I'm not sure as a squad how we can use it.

I think it will have the same appeal and functionality as CLoD on release.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I still get the pit off-center to the right. It's unplayable.. I read that they will support multi-monitors, but they don't have that working after what,.. 8 months?

This is with my TrackIR Centered.  They told me to disable my 4th monitor, which I did, but I still get this.  The view in the pit and externally rotates around a point 5 inches to the right of my right shoulder.  It's very annoying...
post-440-0-89873000-1409499007_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

O.k., here we go again;  BoS is now at 90% complete - whatever that means - and with this weeks major update we have the introduction of the campaign system and....groan...unlocks. :rolleyes: 

Check out dev diary no. 81

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/page-3#entry170076

Note you have to completely un-install your old game and all it's components before re-downloading the whole thing from your profile page on the IL2 website.

This means having to reload all your control settings too.  However, I made a copy of my Input folder from the old game and simply copied it over and hey presto!  It works fine.

2014_9_20__1_13_21.png

Screenshot109837.png

2014_8_19__0_1_37.png

Screenshot11152.png

o.k. Pooka.  First of all go;   Computer>Programme Files(x86)>1C Game Studios>IL2Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad>Data.   In here you will find a file called input.  Right click on it and copy. 

Then just paste it on your desktop.

Now you'll need to delete the whole of IL2 Battle of Stalingrad.  You can do this through Control Panel>Programmes>delete programmes.  After deleting, restart your pc.

When you've done that go to the IL2 Sturmovik website.

Log in and click on Profile.  There will be a red box with the bottom option showing 'download'.  Click on this and it will want to download some 350mb of launcher.  Don't save it, just click run.  When this has finished downloading you'll have the game launcher back.  Click on that and it will download the new version of the game itself - about 3 gigs worth.

When this has completed you can run the game again.  Do it once then exit.  Now go find your data folder again and put your saved input folder in there.  It will probably ask you whether you want to overwrite the one already present.  Yes you do.

Now fire up the game again and you should have your control settings back .

Things seem a bit hectic on their forum, what with the "unlock" applying to Multiplayer and the SE server support withdrawn. To be honest I havnt started the game for some months now and I will wait until its finished before making my mind up.

• 1 month later...

Re unlocks, fookin stupid idea.

Yep!  We are due an update this week as the dev's have just enjoyed a well-earned Russian holiday weekend and I expect they've been really busy with visits to out-patient clinics considering how many times they've managed to shoot themselves in the foot this last month :angry:

Since the game is now on general release and I suspect I've flown this thing more than any other Dog, I'll try and write up a review some time soon.

In the meantime, little red Yak;

was considering getting this when I upgrade my pc but I am not willing to spunk another load of cash on a flight sim after BoB which looks incomplete and the devs attitude does not help. forums are a clusterfuck , reminds me of the worst times at ubizoo, but then again certain folk are involved that would almost guarantee this IMHO.

One positive is that there are a lot of old names and squads on there from warclouds  etc but I noticed that the dangerdogz hadnt posted in the squadron forum, I know we dont fly this but a heads up of the squadron might attract some interest from folk still flying IL2 and waiting till this settles out to a more finished product.

• 2. Administrators

That's interesting, I thought I'd posted about the DDz on the forum way back before I got so bored with the bitching and the fanboyism that I stopped using the forums at all. The post has probably been 'moderated'

<br /><br />Just to clarify a point, I'm talking about Battle of Stalingrad not CloD

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello SkyPup,  yeah I'd recommend BoS.  I think its great.  Looks fantastic and runs really nicely on my not so state of the art pc.  It is still a work in progress but its got plenty of really good things going for it and now seems to have a firm future.  We know an a.i. JU-52 is about to be released into the game along with a new - snowy - map and they're working on a Macci 202 also.  FME and DServer will be released in the next couple of months and autumn and summer maps of Stalingrad are planned for release later this year too.

Jason also keeps mentioning that they are "preparing to announce our next product".   Not completely sure what this means.

As a professional pilot I think you'll find the flight model 'interesting' but having RoF you'll find it familiar too.  Oh yeah, skinning templates have now been released.

However, there is for me one slight fly in the ointment.  After the most recent update to RoF you now get a welcome screen that reads something like; "brought to you by 777Studios, 1CGS and the Russian Military Historical Society"

This makes me extremely uncomfortable.   The Russian Military Historical Society sounds like a group of old buffers who like to stroll over old battlefields don't it?

Uh uh. It's chairman is the Russian minister of culture. A member of Putin's cabinet. Putin was guest of honour at its first meeting last year and gave a lecture!  I think, though I can't say for certain, they are putting money into 1CGS - who produce BoS - for the purpose of encouraging "patriotic" interest in Russia's history.  It's part of Putin's drive for Strong Russia - a nationalist, expansionist and dangerous vision of the future.  Its feeding a hot war in the Ukraine as I type this. 

Not keen.

• Like 1