New Game Launcher, New Set Up

This weeks BoS update is rather more involved than most being a complete re-install of the game.  Worth a read of the dev diary;

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/page-2#entry90146

Before sending my present copy of the game off to the recycle bin I made a copy of my control settings....just in case :roadrage: You can find yours in the game folder/Data/Input.

Hello AP, after making a copy of your control settings file, uninstall the game through the present launcher and then  go to the BoS forum home page and click on 'profile' - make sure you are signed in - and then click on 'download'.  You'll get a new installer to download - about three hundred or so m/b. 

When you've got that it will install the new launcher which will download the latest version of the game via torrent.  Check out this thread;

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/4325-developer-diary-part-54/

Its getting interesting.............a bit.  I can't quite see why people are still getting their knickers in a twist over the limited access.  There is still very little to access.  I find a weekend of fiddling with it is enough.

...........Did I just write that? :slash_wrist:

Anyway, it is developing slowly but surely and is looking pretty good.  Expect the Stuka and either multiplayer or QMB in the next two to three weeks.  Personally I'd prefer QMB with the chance to alter the time of day and some weather......any weather. :P

Shadows and lighting coming along nicely and Stalingrad getting a battering;

Apparently we will be getting weather in March.  Hopefully in real life too :angry:

Some Sturmovik action from this weeks build.  Ground attack on airfield.  As you can see from the elegant, gloved hand firing the Very pistol at twelve seconds in; this mission is commanded by Joan Collins :P

• 2. Administrators

I have downloaded and checked its all working before the access finished, but then played assetto corsa, lol.

Looking forward to a time when you can't roll the 109 faster than the historical time for a Fw190, just with the rudder though.

Am looking forward to the weather though, and am very pleased to here that it isn't going to be RoF clouds in the final, which i personally don't like very much.

Edit, the yak pictures look nice over at the BoS forums.

Looking forward to a time when you can't roll the 109 faster than the historical time for a Fw190, just with the rudder though.

Cheeky bloody whippersnapper! The 109 does NOT roll faster than a 190.

Its the LaGG that does that. :P  :P  :P .

p.s.

Good luck on your driving test!

• 2. Administrators

Ooh, clouds, guess i'll update some point this weekend to have a look at them.

In reference to your question about the founders skin, errr yes, should be on a Fw, and also with Jg26 on the western front rather than the eastern, lol.

• 2. Administrators

yey, clouds!

gallery_607_5_129061.jpg

Its amazing how much better a sim looks imo with clouds in the sky.

@Arthur, just had a good look at the founders 109 skin in game (which is weird in itself, because i thought i bought the game after the cut off point for the founders skins), and i have to say not a fan, lol. Greenhearts skin =awesome, founders skin is just weird, but then i've never liked non historical skins anyway, so chances are i won't like any of the founders skins!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Whilst there have been big discussions about the landing characteristics of the PE-2 over on the BoS forums, I have discovered the most fun thing to do is landing on the PE-2.  Give it a go but be quick; next week we get a propeller damage model :P

• 2. Administrators

I gave this another go last weekend, and i want to like it, i really do, but........

I have seriously thought about selling my alpha access, only thing that has stopped me from doing so is to see what the Fw 190 A3 will look/fly like. 

I just don't think its very good at the moment in substance, looks great in the main though, except for the Hollywood hit effects.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How are you getting on with it, Sid?  Rain stopped play yesterday so I made this;

My game says its now fifty per cent complete and the devs say my game is about to become beta as they've got most of the main content out and are now entering the "polishing" stage where I presume they do all the rest of the coding for stuff that dosen't exist in RoF,  finish the campaign, sort out multiplayer and make everything work as it should do, etc.

There is still an awful lot we don't know about how it'll all work on release in September which brings me to this;

I just don't think its very good at the moment in substance, looks great in the main though, 

As I hope you can see from the vid - it looks fantastic and on my set up, runs very, very nicely.  It is RoF in WW2 and nothing wrong with that either.  The 'feel' of flight is unsurpassed by anything else available in my opinion.  This is also a major part of the "substance" too but its certainly not all of it.

We have the QMB from RoF which is basically a dogfight generator and nothing more.  We are going to have some sort of dynamic single player campaign which might or might not have to be undertaken to access the "unlocks", yawn.  We have multiplayer.  Here it is :roadrage:

2014_5_28__12_5_40.png

It wasn't going to have any Full Mission Builder upon release until a big stink was made on the forum and they seem to be reconsidering.  

So, substance?  Watch this space.

Here you go Arthur.  These are all without any AA because that was giving me a black screen.  I did just download a new update, but have not tested the AA yet to see if it's fixed.

Support told me that since I have a 4th monitor that the game is not using, it causes the TrackIR to see 4 monitors and so the TrackIR centering is offset to the right.  I assume they will fix that, but right now it is annoying.  I think it also causes the labels to be offset as well.

post-440-0-00565100-1401477192_thumb.jpg

post-440-0-16981800-1401477282_thumb.jpg

post-440-0-71860100-1401477330_thumb.jpg

post-440-0-58674200-1401477347_thumb.jpg

post-440-0-41545400-1401477868_thumb.jpg

post-440-0-37486900-1401477910_thumb.jpg

post-440-0-54360800-1401477889_thumb.jpg

post-440-0-48440900-1401477948_thumb.jpg

post-440-0-05257000-1401477369_thumb.jpg