Gun Camera For Il2

Perfesser

Before I go figuring this out on my own I thought I would ask if anyone has any ideas how to go about it.

A few years back when computers had much less resources to spare and framerate was a problem I had FRAPS taking screenshots every 1/2 second by setting up a macro to my trigger switch to take about 5 seconds worth of shots every time the trigger was pulled.

It made for poor quality but acceptable gun camera footage for it's day.

Today our machines are much more powerful and should be able to produce  better movies without affecting game performance.

1. Need an external program to record screen for 10 or 20 seconds that doesn't drag the game down - is there anything better than FRAPS?

2. What format is best from a system resource standpoint? Free FRAPS will only record a video in .avi and needs a lot of storage space.

You often pull the trigger multiple times during the attack, don't want multiple videos being recorded either.

Thoughts?

Do you run an Nvidia graphics card in the 600 series or above, Perf?  If you do you can use Nvidia ShadowPlay.  I think its pretty good and seems to have a minimal hit on fps.

An example I made of night ground attack in BoS;

And yes, I have forgotten how to embed YouTube vids!  Perhaps FruitBat can give us ( another ) tutorial?

Do you run an Nvidia graphics card in the 600 series or above, Perf?

Heh,  there's another story.........

I bought one just before the holidays.  It was DOA. The great deal I got was eaten up shipping it back.

OK thanks, I'll look into that when I get the card back and installed.

• 1. DDz Quorum

And yes, I have forgotten how to embed YouTube vids!  Perhaps FruitBat can give us ( another ) tutorial?

Simply paste in the link exactly as it appears in your browser:

Forum software will automagically transform it into an embedded Video for you :)

• 2 weeks later...