I Was Going To Start A Career

• 1. DDz Quorum

Sorry, I cannot help you here.

Even in my stock installation I cannot start any campaign... all the listboxes of Rank and stuff are empty!

(Yeah, you get that once you get too much involved in squad play, online play...  I haven't used the off line stuff in ages!)

• 1. DDz Quorum

This appears to be what you need: EnjoyrPatchForNoAddons

I have tested it to a clean install of mine, and it does change the text from Russian to English.

Whether it really works and will generate your campaign correctly, over the entire run of the campaign, I do not know!

(This one was created for v.4.09m, and as we're now on 4.12.2m....  well, I dunno what will happen!)

I've attached the zip to this message.

It will at loads of files to your installation, including some Jsgme mods contents.

(Better not use chkmods afterwards, you can be pretty sure it will make a lot of the added stuff go disappear)

Inside the zip is a self extracting executable, if run will result in an executable (PatchA_forNoAddons_v5.2_eng.exe) that you can then run to install it to your game folder.

Good Luck!

EnjoyrPatch_forNoAddons_v5.2.zip

• 1. DDz Quorum

What Fruitbat said.

If you'd ever run that risk, by applying a fix, I would state that loud and clear, and would ask you first if you wanted to continue fixing this issue :)

Installing a separate version of IL2 for offline play may not be a bad idea for you.

As you may find out, there are a lot more mods for IL2 than just HSFX, you might like them... but the downside is, some of them will indeed make online play with us impossible.

Make a backup copy of your installation of IL2 now, so you can use it now for offline play, or use it later on for the installation of other mods / modsets.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Are you looking in the Missions folder?

(Like stated, ChkMods is focused on online play, not so much on offline play. So, it could very well be missing... not that  ChkMods would remove it, it just ignores it, won't delete it, won't add it if it is missing.)

However, I am pretty sure, once you've been able to start a Campaign, that Missions\Campaign folder will be created, it did on my system...

If your online campaigns are in russian text remove the _ru files in the NGEN folder.

Also look at MessagesRu in the Ngen and Dgen if something isn't right like Russian in game text or something.

If the game is looking for something it may default to a RU file for text or wave file. Get rid of it (or rename wave files - english, australian, american,etc. language renamed with _ru extension- to get what you want)

I just fixed my online campaigns- all campaign names were russian text

S! Gents

after lookingaround I found out that the core files for the HSFX mods are in Russian and that is why the OFFLINE CAREERS are in russian.

I tried deleting the _ru and the result was english descriptions, but when you try to start the game would beep... and that was it..

So searchjing yielded this

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=34419.0

Rename files is the answer... I will try it later this week... too tired tonight... still digging out cars in Chicago

ANother thought....

NGen.exe and DGen.exe...

What if I were to do a virgin 1946 install and copy these files and the Mission folder as well as the NGen and Dgen folders..from that to the HSFX I have....

Is it the Nen and DGen which generate and populate the Missions Descriptions?

I know ... its easier to make multiple installs for online, DD_Online and offline, and etc...

I just can help fiddeling

• 1. DDz Quorum

Good show Fritz!

Today, starting around 20:00 GMT, I will be hosting Coop's, using Hyperlobby, so that one is open for others - non dangerdogz - to join.

(Will be using the public TS server.) 

On Sundays, we usually gather on the private TS server, and decide there and then what will be next...

Sundays are usually for something special, SEOW, or some special event, or one of the longer missions...

(Nothing really planned at the moment)

Tuesdays and Thursdays are the our regular coop sessions. Also starting around 20:00 GMT.