X52 Pro Replacement?

Oldtimer

Garn!  Current setup is X52 pro and saitek rudder pedals.  Throttle is ok, but now the stick has gone tits up.  So, I know the question has been asked before, but I would be grateful for your comments please (well, perhaps not from Mr Painless..........).  I rather like the X52 pro setup, so should I buy another one (Dabs.com @ £109.99), keep the throttle and pair it with another stick or scrap the lot and start again with something else.  Cost is a definite factor - so no Warthog!

Appreciations.

OT

Personally if your throttle still works (which I like by the way) I would add a CH Fighterstick with it. I have heard nothing but good things about it. I went with the Thrustmaster Warthog but I did not have a throttle and the wife got it for me for a retirement present.

• 2. Administrators

Get a MSFFB2 stick OT (Microsoft Force Feedback 2 - Otherwise known as the Sidewinder 2). It's been out of production for a long time but there's usually a few for sale on ebay, You'll still be able to use the x52 throttle as well!

In fact quite a few of the guys here have gone down this route (me too - so purchasing this stick is no guarantee of improvement!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microsoft-Sidewinder-Force-Feedback-2-Joystick-Excellant-Condition-/181289384957?pt=UK_Controllers_Attachments&hash=item2a35b07bfd - I could probably go and collect this - Kenilworth is about 15 minutes from me!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microsoft-Sidewinder-Force-Feedback-2-joystick-/111248707419?pt=UK_Controllers_Attachments&hash=item19e6f08f5b

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microsoft-SideWinder-Force-Feedback-2-Joystick/331099433210?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D3864232703956461593%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D3%26sd%3D301053861003%26

There's a few for starters

• 2. Administrators

If you choose to go down this route OT, first thing you need to do is take the discs which come with it (if included) and recycle them as coasters. Windows 7 will detect the stick and install the necessary drivers. IIRC the disks only work for Windows 95/98. This unfortunately means that the software to program the stick doesn't work with 7 but the stick support in-game copes anyway (you can map directly the stick buttons to the game functions).

Jabo

P.S. Incidentally, it might be worth letting us know if you're bidding on any of these sticks - no sense in getting into a bidding war with another Dog(z)

Yeh what jabo said, I've been MFFB for 8 year or more paired with x-45, CH pedals, I even tossed in a X-52 in the mix a year ago just for more buttons and axis. It's kept my lazy ass from building a proper pit and boxes. LOL

My thanks Gentlemen. However, the (not inconsiderable) weight of Dogz opinion is as nothing when faced with Mrs OT's unassailable logic. Mrs OT knows that I am a cheapskate skinflint so keeps an eye on what I may or may not be buying. In this instance she has decided that a second hand joystick no longer in production doesn't quite fit the bill. So she has ordered (and paid for!) a new X52 Pro.

What can I say...........

You need to sneak your balls out of her purse, and make some of your own decisions!!!!

Toad sneeks out of the room quietly, as OT gets pownded in the back of the head,  from Toad throwing him under the bus ;-)

You need to sneak your balls out of her purse, and make some of your own decisions!!!!

Toad sneeks out of the room quietly, as OT gets pownded in the back of the head,  from Toad throwing him under the bus ;-)

Easy Tiger! Good ol' British self-deprecating humour. It was a gift.

• Like 1