Aaaach!

BadAim

So far my experience with DCS is that it is a massive pig. I think I will await the delivery of my Kray supercomputer before wasting any more time on it, unless anyone has any tips on curbing the five minute load times. Soooooooo frustrating. :fpc:

Yep, it does seem fairly clunky but it gets there in the end.......eventually.......unless it decides to completely lock my 'puter.   The first mission you start upon firing up the game does seem to take forever to load.

I've got the P51 which is interesting for a couple of days but once you've got the hang of starting, flying and landing it becomes a snore-fest.  However, since getting FC3 to work properly on Christmas Eve I've been having good fun with DCS.  The 6 DoF reworking of some of the 'pits is really impressive.  Must try and get online with Snacko and see if I can put a Bat up the nightdress of his A10 pilot in my beloved SU27. :salute:

• Like 1

You know, I'm really enjoyin' this propellerless flying business.  Whilst it has to be said that DCS is a clunky and not brilliantly optimised bit of software - that has the most convoluted download process of all flightsims - once you've got it up and running then its pretty good.  At least the Flaming Cliffs 3 bit of it is.  I haven't got the A10C, I hate helicopters and the P51 bores me.......but.

Weapon of choice

dcs2014-01-0622-47-28-736.jpg

Helmet mounted optical aiming system

dcs2014-01-0623-25-06-169.jpg

6 DoF cockpits are coolio :P

dcs2014-01-0622-33-12-587.jpg

dcs2014-01-0622-30-56-435.jpg

dcs2014-01-0622-17-19-707.jpg

dcs2014-01-0622-24-04-425.jpg

How it so often ends!

dcs2014-01-0622-58-35-674.jpg

Makes for a really good workout for a force feedback joystick too. 

Me like...........................................................................................................................................................until it goes wrong again :sleepy3: