Up Loading Video To You Tube?

DD_Arthur

I have an urge to make some vids and put them on YouTube.  I have been recording tracks with MSI Afterburner but found the Nvidia Shadow Play thingy is much better quality.

My big question is what do people use to compress these recordings into a format that will upload to YouTube relatively quickly?   For instance, I've got a fourteen minute vid taken in the BoS Apha of a spot of night time ground attack which is very pretty but if I do a straight upload of the file to YouTube its over a gig in size and will take nearly ten hours to upload which is plain daft!

YouTube's advice involves paying money out to buy software - gulp! - is there a freeware programme out there that is any good. 

• 2. Administrators

Free thats good, and allows editing, titles etc, erm no.

Just to compress before upload, virtual dub is excellent and free and allows for true 1080p as long as the ripped footage is of required resolution. 

http://sourceforge.net/projects/virtualdub/

This vid was made by me a couple of years ago, just using virtual dub from raw fraps footage.

Windows movie maker will allow compression and editing/tiltles etc, but it rapes the quality, i think its crap personally, but you should have it already.

Most people use either Sony Vegas or Adobe Premier (what i use). Cheap they are not (legally). 

• 2. Administrators

In terms of uploading Arthur - on your damp string connection it's likely to take a looooong time. Try speedtest.net to get a feel for your upload speed (don't mix up KB/s with Kb/s - Kilobytes per sec and Kilobits per sec (KB x B)) then using your finely honed teaching experience work out how long it'll take to upload your flle. Of course this is under ideal (i.e. unachievable) conditions so double or triple that to give you a closer estimate.

Ten hours for a GB? definitely

Jabo

Well I made this using the free version of Bandicam but it still took an age to upload in its compressed form and quality comes no where near that of ShadowPlay.

Night ground attack in BoS alpha with gun pods and bombs.

Cheese scones were a failure and I've forgotten how to embed bloody vids again, doh!