I'm Definitely About To Break Something Here

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

If I'm lucky it won't be the furniture.

Soooo, with all the discussions here about cockpits and rigs and so on, it got me thinking. 'How cool would it be if I could set my Galaxy S3 up as a touchbuddy screen and then I could use that instead of my switchbox. And guess what? After some googling and a lot of trial and error I've got it working! Now all I need to do it figure out how to build a profile for it - SNACKO!!! HELP!!!!

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Simples really Gec, all I did was to install VNC on my desktop and a free VNC app on the Galaxy (all password protected) and then shared my second monitor output with the Galaxy with Touchbuddy running in a window on that second monitor. Then just enable mouse control on the Galaxy (via VNC) and hey presto! the Galaxy touchscreen allows me to click on buttons on the touchbuddy application! It's all pretty slick but so far I don't have any buttons mapped to IL-2 - That's the next step.

The only downside is that my second monitor cannot be used for anything else while running TB but it's no real problem.

I'm thinking that this may be the answer to my switchbox problems on RoF and BoS but I'll keep you posted

I'm also considering a cheap android tablet so I get a bigger screen and it frees up my phone at the same time.

Jabo

Ahh.. finally..

I think you are the very first DD to ever really try TB!  Very strange to me..  But I just guessed with these old props they didn't need help with the switches..

What questions do you have Nick?   Your touchscreen is small, so how many buttons do you want to make?  Should be pretty easy.

• 2. Administrators

@ Snacko - Well, I think the main question is 'how' as in how do I do this? I've got an idea that I want something that looks like an annunciator panel, but rather than just being warning lights they're actually toggle buttons. and on a screen this size probably a grid 5 x 3 would give a sensible button size.

Something like this;

800px-C441annuncloseup.JPG

Obviously the buttons would say different things.

Thoughts?

@Fruity - this your free one Kev?

I used to have 2 videos on Google Video showing how to make a simple profile.  But they are gone.  Probably lost when Google merged with Youtube? 

I can get online with you anytime and show you how to make a simple profile with TB Toolkit.  It just consists of setting the window size, adding a background graphic, and dragging and dropping button images onto the listbox.  Then you drag them to the screen and edit the button, give it the macro to send the keystrokes.  Save it and test it with Notepad or the game.

Let me know..

• 2. Administrators

Slight change of plan required. As of last night I will be using a Galaxy Tab 3 (bought cheap on ebay lol) so will be able to have a bigger screen - same principle applies though. Using the TB toolkit, I have set up a suitable size window and added a background graphic. Now for the buttons and the macros.

• 2. Administrators

(Missing a button 'emergency re-start engines @ low level' )  

Also missing a 'kick FT' button - I'll get around to it. :growl:

Actually I'll still be needing the Bodnar board as it's the input for the rudder and my trim controls are there also. Box Mk4 coming up!

I'm pretty chuffed with this so far.

I created that profile Jabo, many years ago..  as aka WBK on the TB forums.

I can show you how to program a macro to kick FT.  This should do the trick:

macro = predef:SHIFT, KEYDOWN
macro = predef:TAB
macro = predef:SHIFT, KEYUP
macro = {PAUSE 1000}
macro = kick FT
macro = {PAUSE 100}
macro = predef:RETURN
macro = {PAUSE 1000}
macro = predef:SHIFT, KEYDOWN
macro = predef:TAB

macro = predef:SHIFT, KEYUP

I'm not sure if FT should be uppercase or lowercase, but put both in to cover your bases..  :salute:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Guys, your ideas and coding are good, and nearly solid, but do make sure is says 'kick DD_FT"...

Believe me, I do know, as it took me forever to get Swep kicked at the appropriate times!

JB, if that Tab has some movement sensor in it, you could just put it up on a swivel, put yer feet on it, and there ya go, rudders!