Dcs Christmas Sale!

Snacko

Both the DCS website and Steam are having a sale on DCS modules.  Modules are on sale 60% or more off...

These modules are downloaded from DCS.  When you buy one you are just buying the 'key' to unlock it.  So, you download it, install it, and run it, and then enter the key that you got from Steam or DCS.

Hey!!  Finally got Flaming Cliffs working again tonight after nearly six months of being stumped by it :P

dcs2013-12-2422-29-49-71.png

Might actually buy something in their sale now.  Also, found this really interesting thread which I'm hoping will improve my slightly pathetic frame rates;

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1775963#post1775963

FC3 and all other DCS modules require DCS World.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/flaming_cliffs_3/

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 (FC3) is the next evolution of the Flaming Cliffs series. FC3 features the F-15C, A-10A, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-29A, MiG-29S and Su-25. FC3 aircraft provide an easy learning curve for new players and focuses on a broad range of aircraft rather than a detailed single aircraft. FC3 adds a number of new features and improvements to previous versions of the Flaming Cliffs series. FC3 is a module of DCS World, which makes it compatible with all other DCS: World titles like A-10C, Black Shark 2, P-51D, and Combined Arms.

Requirements

Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 will require an installation of Lock On: Modern Air Combat.

It must be installed.

After I installed it, I thought that DCS would associate FC3 with my account now, and I would no longer need Lockon to reinstall FC3.  So I uninstalled Lockon to free space up. 

One day I did need to reinstall FC3 and I had to install Lockon all over again.  So, just don't uninstall Lockon.  It doesn't take that much space anyhow...

• 1. DDz Quorum

Yup. It's a royal PITA but once you have them done you can save the profiles... until they add a control functionality which throws out the references to the .lua file and you have to start from scratch. One of the ED sims less user friendly features alas, but you get used to it. It's the default automatic assignment of every axis on every controller needed to be deleted that I find quite irksome...  

Ok, I have a copy of Lockon, I bought this a long time ago.  So once I install Lockon to my computer do I have to do anything with it or can I just purchase FC3, install it and then run FC3 without ever having to run Lockon at any time before.

I guess it doesn't matter that I have DCS already on the computer before I install Lockon?