Help An Old Guy Dept.

Oldtimer

Evening Chaps,

All going well so far.  New box up and running, IL2 patched to 7.0.1.  Then i hit a problem :-

I have no perfect setting.  IL2 installed on E:/Games drive, 32 bit colour on, stencil buffer on.

When I check conf.ini I see that openGL hardware shaders = 0.  I can edit it to 1, but after loading game it's set itself back to 0.  I've even copied to flash drive, edited and copied back - still won't stick!

System:

MSI Z87 G45 mobo

i5 4670k cpu

8GB 1600 ram

win 7 home 64 bit

and an Nvidia GTX 460, courtesy of Sid (thanks mate, arrived this morning.  That's a Duxford beer or two for you......)

Any ideas anyone please?

Technically challenged OAP........

What happened to the easy life.....

OpenGL set as provider.

Renamed conf to confold and pasted Jabo's in.  Game wouldn't start.

Renamed Jabo's Conf to conf1, renamed confold to conf - game starts perfectly - with no perfect setting!

Think I'll go play Silent Hunter.......

@Crash - game installed on E drive/HSFX7, well away from c:/program files!

This is the same sort of a problem you get with IL2 when you go from an ATI card to an Nvidia card but I've now had a bottle of Spitfire, two G&T's and a very large helping of my wife's chicken pie wiv' mash and gravy so I'm completely befuddled and can't remember which lines in the config you need to change.  

It was the same problem that Tonar had earlier in the year when he put a 460 in his machine.  I bet FT knows - he's generally sober!