Installing Hsfx 7 - The Easy Way

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

To install HSFX 7 the easy way follow the steps below;

1. Make a copy of your current game folder (obviously you might need to install it first) and rename the copy to 'IL-2 (HSFX7)' (or whatever you like)

2. Download FT's utility dd_Chkmods.zip here.

3. Extract the zip file to a folder (in this case d:\users\nick\downloads\dd_checkmods)

post-406-0-72120600-1387229687_thumb.jpg

4. Open the folder, find the chkmods.exe file then right-click on it and select 'Run as Administrator' (This is VERY important)

5. Assuming all goes well, you should wind up with a screen that looks a bit like this one;

post-406-0-93501500-1387230237_thumb.jpg

(If you get the following error;

post-406-0-81641900-1387230373_thumb.jpg

then send a PM to FT containing your IP address as he will need to register your access.)

6. Assuming no problem, you then need to ensure that the 'IL2 Modded is in' box points to your newly copied game folder and the 'Check Against' box reads 7.0.2 then click 1. - Verify Mods. Let that run (it may take a while) and once the first step is finished click 2. - Fix Issues. Let this run (will DEFINITELY take a while). Keep verifying and fixing until the verification doesn't find any problems.

7. Close CheckMods, check you can start the game and that version showing on the splash screen is V4.12.2 HSFX v7.0.2. Assuming it is, say some nice things about FT and you're done.

8. Remember 'Expert Mode' is enabled by default through JSGME so you'll be all set up to join an online co-op or dogfight map.

Simples!

Jabo

Edited by Jabo
#6 & #7 modified to reflect updated version
  • Like 1

"Assuming it is, say some nice things about FT and you're done."

hurrayyyy   after several PM's and a few IP's after and a lot of Patience from FT..it's official im back k, u dogzzzz got myself up to date !!!! :salute:

THZ FT   :icon_thumright:  :icon_thumright:  :icon_thumright:  :icon_thumright: and Jabo

cHeers m8's

Asas

• 1 year later...

:thumbsu: Hey guys new here. I downloaded Hsfx 7.2 unzipped and executing load into a copied ver4.12.2 steam version but its stops with a message stating it does not recognize me as member. I per instructions sent an email but came back as failed send attempt ?? anyone shed some light.  :salute:    cheers  IP 192.168.0.1

• 2. Administrators

Hi ddpairborne - the reason this isn't working for you is because you're not a member of the DDz group on the forum. You are welcome to join the group if you wish but could I ask you to post in the main Forum (just look for Jim's Place) introducing yourself first (you know the sort of thing  - sheep preferences etc etc etc) and then the Admins can sort out your access and get things going (there's a secret handshake and that sort of thing).

I see you're of the Canadian persuasion...well we have a fairly relaxed entry policy so you'll probably fit right in.

Oh and incidentally - welcome to the pound!

~S~

Jabo

• 1. DDz Quorum

You could try again to run that thingie, I fixed it by adding your IP address... yeah, it's only for members, but as your nick starts with dd, it should be all good, shouldn't it?

What email address did you use that did not work?

As far as I can tell, it states to send a PM to me, via these forums... oh well...

Thanks for the fast reply and greetings guys excited to be here.

Jabo

I posted an intro on Jims place.

FoolTrottel

To message It sent me to use email  admin@dangerdogz.com    failure  message from   MAILER-DAEMON@yahoo.com

Thanks I will give another try.

• 2. Administrators

So now you've got access to all the...erm...private areas of the forum I suggest you go here for our comms information (in post #1), get TS set up and then come and get some stick time.

• 1. DDz Quorum

FoolTrottel

To message It sent me to use email  admin@dangerdogz.com    failure  message from   MAILER-DAEMON@yahoo.com

Thanks I will give another try.

You have to actually use the PM within the forum software.

Replying, as some do, to an email notifying you of a PM goes to the admin email account, which is a non existent account (it got too much spam and had little benefit).

You can PM by clicking on the envelope icon top right, or by hovering over a users name in a post and clicking the pencil like icon too.