Usb Stick Virus Problem.

Crash

After the issues I had with malware, I now have a 8 gig usb stick which show no files, however shows 4 gig in use This is the stick that I think transferred the issue to the gaming rig. Is there anything I can do to clean it? I am a bit wary of just plugging it into a computer.

• 1. DDz Quorum

If your computer is current and up to date with a good virusscanner ( :shaunhb: ), ánd you have no 'autorun' on the stick/usb ports activated, you should be able to plug it in, wait till it shows up on a drive letter, then right click it and  choose 'Format'.

Check for autorun: click start, type Autorun select 'Change default settings for media or devices', then under 'Software and Games' select 'Take no action'...

Well, in the end... there's still a risk, for sure.

• 2. Administrators

Actually pook, formatting doesn't remove any data from device, it simply clears the table which tells the accessing device what file starts where in the memory array. You can buy off-the-shelf software packages which can completely undo a format in just a few hours.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk