Dcs Autumn Sale! Sept. 20 To 29

Snacko

From 20 to 29 September 2013, Eagle Dynamics will have a 60% off Autumn sale for the following DCS products:

- DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Pre-Purchase Beta. $49.99 now $19.99 
- DCS: UH-1H Huey, Pre-Purchase Beta. $49.99 now $19.99 
- Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3. $49.99 now $19.99 
- DCS: A-10C Warthog. $39.99 now $15.99 
- DCS: Black Shark 2. $39.99 now $15.99 
- DCS: P-51D Mustang. $39.99 now $15.99 
- DCS: Combined Arms. $29.99 now $11.99 
- DCS: Black Shark 2 Upgrade. $29.99 now $11.99 
- A-10A: DCS Flaming Cliffs. $14.99 now $5.99 
- Su-25: DCS Flaming Cliffs. $14.99 now $5.99  ED E-shop

I had to reinstall everything a few weeks ago.  DCS World said that I did not purchase the BS2 upgrade either.  But I uninstalled the module and re-installed it and then it worked. 

If you just uninstall everything, and reinstall.. You are not supposed to have to re-enter any keys.  I think all the key info is still in the registry.  That's how it worked for me.

And you've checked their support site for activation?  I found help there when I had my problem..  That's where I found out to try and reinstall the BS Upgrade module.

Their Activation process is confusing...

Just got the Mi-8.  For some reason when I show the Hotas cheat (that red window when you press ctrl-enter), .. my joystick is off to the left bottom, and my rudder is also.  They are both fine in the huey.  Maybe something that I don't know about this new chopper...

• 1. DDz Quorum

Arthur me old fruit - try an uninstall but also rename the folder found here - C:\Users\<Your User Name>\Saved Games\DCS <-- this folder - after your uninstall has completed.

Then reinstall. 

I suspect the .lua files in this folder could be to blame; like RoF these databases can be a pain. When new field entries are referenced (i.e. a new assignable control function not featured in previous game versions) they cause all sorts of hiccups, crashes or performance issues.

They aren't just used for controls but all sorts of data storage for the game. My bet is the latest versions of the game are trying to find a field in a .lua file in there that, whilst there is not precisely where the program is expecting it to be and therefore causing your issues.

This will mean you will lose all your graphic settings - aaaargh!!!!- control profiles - double arrgh!!!! - and you can't port them across cos you'll be back to square one - triple aaargh!!!! - so will have to reset all your controls from scratch - quadruple fetid bollocks aaaargh!!!!

One of DCS series' least  user friendly features alas. If it's any consolation I've done it so many times I'm getting quite efficient at it by now....

If you want some TS time for me to talk it through with you mate, will happily oblige, Just PM me if so.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I could not resist the Huey. Tempted to get the Mi-8MTV2 too.

Is it worth it?

And as for getting controls set up correctly, I have resigned myself to having to pay attention to the biological aspect, I think it is that that is out of calibration when trying to hover the Huey :D

• 1. DDz Quorum

Not sure where it saves its settings but.. opt.dat sounds right :)

The number you assign to whatever MSFFB2 button you want to trigger the forcetrim on, I use #3.

The mission has to be fully loaded before you use it too as it inserts itself between the joystick and windows/DCS/IL2 whatever and can only do that after whatever sim has first taken it's stake in the hardware, it is a hijacker ;)

So I have assigned a macro button on my keyboard to start the util, without having to alt-tab.

The util does more than just force trim, it also adjusts spring damping effect too.

Does the in-game one also make the force feed back centre on the current stick position?

There is an English Cockpit mod for the Mi-8MTV2 available here.

I made it into a JSGME mod. (see attachment)  So, if you know how to use that, just make a JSGME MODS folder (don't make a MODS folder as this game uses a folder by that name).  And put this mod into that new folder.

Mi-8MTV2 English Cockpit mod.rar