4.03 is out! Link inside.

Sloan

Just tried all the new planes in the QMB. They are all awesome so far.

Didn't do speed or altitude tests. Just "quick fun-factor" tests.

Highlights:

New P-47 Nothing real new. Will require serious testing to see if there are any real advantages/disadvantages.

MC-200: A G-50 with more punch. |Engine dies if you nose down too fast. (Typical Italian plane)

MC-202/205 Series: Interesting fighter. Some have better armament than others. The 205 packs a solid punch.

J2M: This little Japanese fighter takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin' and packs some serious punch. Downed a B-29 without running out of ammo. (and you all know what a bad shot I am).

Do335: Wicked, wicked plane. Moderate punch as a fighter, carries serious bomb tonnage, fun to fly.

Now the "Beauty Planes"..............

Spitfire 25lb: ( what does 25lb mean? ) Blairgowrie might be able to give you a better impression. It's a Spit. I didn't notice anything real different. Can carry three bombs, 1-500 and 2-250 pounders.

New 109K4: I'm no LW flyer, maybve Emann can give a better review. Usual loadouts, 108 cannon and 151 gunpods. Usual heavy hitter.

Ju-88: What fun. It's a bomber, be sure. Stalls easily during sharp turns. Carries vaired load. You can drop each of the 28 SC50's individually. Great cockpit, good view. There's a copilot seat. don't know what it's for as the next toggle to seat position puts you at the gun directly in front of the co-pilot. (Didn't try bombsight controls though. that might be what you do there.) Gun positions don't allow you to see the gunsight pipper at all angles. Spray and pray time I guess. This will be a fun plane to learn.

Tempest: New uber plane. I took out two He-111's set to Veteren with one burst. Did my first 3-point landing. Fast, deadly, a great addition!

Mosquito: This will be like learning to fly the Beaufighter all over again. Kind of "heavy" on the controls. Fast, handles OK given the above. bombs only loadout, no rockets/torpedos. :x

These are quick impressions. I'm sure all of you will have different experiences. But, I think this is an excellent all around package.

Now to see the new Objects in the FMB. That Norwegian hanger looks mighty cool though.