No Audio

Pooka

• 1. DDz Quorum

Could you folks in the know check over this friends DxDiag.  He has no audio when trying to use TS or in some cases just listening to a you tube broadcast.

He had a headset with USB connections, wouldn't work, brought it from Texas to Wisc., plug into my machine, no problems.  I mailed a headset with the green and pink plug ins. He's tried that on the back and front on the box, nothing.  So the headsets are both fine, but something is not allowing the listen or speak to happen.

Thanks for suggestions.

DxDiag.txt

• 1. DDz Quorum

From what I can see, the Dx report looks just fine.

The only thing that puzzles me, is the Realtek 2nd audio device.

Could it be he has a HDMI connecting to a monitor / TV?

Me thinks it could be that all sounds go to the HDMI output, because it is somehow set to the default sound device?

Right-Click on the speaker icon in the lower right corner, select 'Playback Devices' and see which device is the 'default device', and once the USB headset is plugged in, whether that one is the 'default communications device'.

post-947-0-33974700-1376430317_thumb.jpg

(I have no HDMI connections, so no sound devices showing up of that type...)

Also, on the tab 'Communications' (in the same screen), let him check whether the setting 'Do nothing' is selected ...

Good luck!

• 2. Administrators

In computing terms, HDMI does not (usually) carry audio and video together, it's normally video only.

My computer refers to Realtek High Definition audio devices as well, but it's still connecting via the normal speaker outputs. My headset connects via USB.

You might also check the volume mixer (right-click the speaker option (in the system tray) and see if the TS volume is right down (see the example below where all my applications are muted but equally you could set different thresholds for different applications).

post-406-0-74538900-1376486240_thumb.jpg

I have LOTS of problems with this, but generally that everything is too loud.

Jabo

• 1. DDz Quorum

Thanks ....  We got it to work properly, his ping was just 10 more than mine, so his connection looks good.

We'll do some flying together now and get him able and willing to fly with us Dogz.