4.12 Is Released

Tolwyn

• 1. DDz Quorum

Me thinks 4.12 as such is really something special already.

Mainly, the true wide screen stuff.

Not the menu/options stuff without the bars... but the in cockpit screen...

Much better on a wide screen monitor than before.

In a Mossie, one has to turn ones head just a bit to see the spinners... 

All cockpits feel and look better.

There's no longer a tendency to get closer to the screen. Because of the new view, I feel I can keep sit-back-and-relax much more... well, relax until... 

(So far have enjoyed the P51, Mossie and Yak9... if I remember correctly)

I do like 4.12m... mainly for the views and the sounds... (Hey, what else is there to enjoy?)

It's unlikely that there will be any official adoption until after the next HSFX (which will use it) and then only after the SEOW is over (or switched over)

If you have the room/ inclination though it's worth the small effort to install it. It requires a small amount of work to remap/ add controls, but it's not too big.

It's unlikely that there will be any official adoption until after the next HSFX (which will use it) and then only after the SEOW is over (or switched over)

If you have the room/ inclination though it's worth the small effort to install it. It requires a small amount of work to remap/ add controls, but it's not too big.

Yep, installed without delay. I just removed some of my, obsolete installs. Clean 4.10.1 and UP3 got the boot with the exceptions of some missions and skins. Like 4.12 a lot, some of the new effects are nice details.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone gotten partial kills yet?  I've set up quick missions with lightly armed fighters against a heavy bomber, making sure they both get many shots in... and it still counts it as a whole kill for one or the other despite the fact that both got many licks in.  Ideas?

Difficulty settings,Misc, Shared Kills is still switched off?  :shaunhb:

.... Erm, Kira...?  One must adjust such settings under the campaign switch before they'll take effect everywhere else...  (Works a charm. Thanks FT)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Just installed 4.12

Made a single of a mossie on the smolensk map starting on the runway.

made it in hissie 6 and then copied it over to 4.12

The engine sounds seem quieter in 4.12

I have checked the that the in game sound setting were set to the same level.

I first noticed this when trying one of the new quick missions in 4.12 

Is there a setting somewhere that I have missed

See you all later

Methinks the sounds are probably just quieter in the stock game, I just adjusted my ingame settings a little. I'm not sire that the in cockpit sound isn't a bit much in the modded games, especially for planes like the P-47 and P-38 whifh would have had a fairly heavy muffler effect from the turbos.

OK put it in. It flopped my Joystick ID's 3 and 4 I have to go through all of them and redo PIA!!!!

Looked at the read-me's they tell me nothing, on how to use any new features.

Anyone know a good link to go read up without waisting a Day?