4.12 Is Released

Tolwyn

In all the usual locations.

I bring it up because I've created a MOD that will bring you back to 4.11.1, if interested. All you really have to backup is:

conf.ini (there are new entries with 4.12)

users folder (your own, because there are many new key commands (they really won't interfere with anything, but it's always an anal-retentive thing to do)

So, from 4.11.1, backup the following to restore 4.11.1 functionality:

• DT.dll
  • fb_3do24.SFS
  • fb_maps18.SFS
  • files.SFS
  • your 4.11.1 conf.ini *
  • your 4.11.1 users folder **

* New 4.12 entries will be ignored by 4.11.1, but I'm anal retentive.

** New 4.12 key commands will be ignored by 4.11.1, but I'm anal retentive.

The other new SFS files, etc., are ignored by the 4.11.1 engine, they can be left in-place...

To restore back to 4.12, just reverse the files replaced above.

• 1. DDz Quorum

It looks like you have to totally reassign all of your keys and inputs.  Argg..

No you do not.

You should not have to.

My guess is you started with a 'blank' 4.11m...

My 4.12m has exactly the same keys and inputs as my 4.11m had... no worries at all!

• 2. Administrators

Tried it, like it :thumbsu:

2 things i particularly like,

Objects in the FMB now have names, woot!

gallery_607_5_654883.jpg

And i think the fullscreen semi transparent map is very cool,

gallery_607_5_470934.jpg

Funny, the 2 things that were the main reason i flew mods to start with, 6Dof and true widescreen are now stock!

That said, looking forward to the new HSFX, which is in an early alpha at the moment, so i can fly the Wellington and Beaufort :salute:

• 1. DDz Quorum

I haven't set this up yet, but will soon.  I don't think the heads up map is a good idea, it is too far from reality.  I may like to use it but I don't like the idea.

• 2. Administrators

I haven't set this up yet, but will soon.  I don't think the heads up map is a good idea, it is too far from reality.  I may like to use it but I don't like the idea.

You can set the transparency, so you could have it with none at all if you want. I like it because its nice and big.

Still have the normal map as well. 

Funny, the 2 things that were the main reason i flew mods to start with, 6Dof and true widescreen are now stock!

That said, looking forward to the new HSFX, which is in an early alpha at the moment, so i can fly the Wellington and Beaufort :salute:

Do you mean the Wellington and Beaufort will have 'pits in the next release of HSFX?

I'm sorry. That's my bad. I have this forum as a link, and didn't even THINK about it being in the wrong spot.

Sorry, guys. My bad. Please feel free to move it.

Why is this in the 'SEOW' part of the forums?

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to using Server: Allow Custom Sounds online, switched off.... lol... the power!  :shaunhb:

Has anyone gotten partial kills yet?  I've set up quick missions with lightly armed fighters against a heavy bomber, making sure they both get many shots in... and it still counts it as a whole kill for one or the other despite the fact that both got many licks in.  Ideas?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Has anyone gotten partial kills yet?  I've set up quick missions with lightly armed fighters against a heavy bomber, making sure they both get many shots in... and it still counts it as a whole kill for one or the other despite the fact that both got many licks in.  Ideas?

Difficulty settings,Misc, Shared Kills is still switched off?  :shaunhb: