Cfb Cold Lake Alberta Canada

Bucky

No I have no info on what will be goin on....hey Goth,Im only about half an hour from Bonnyville.....lol.

Staying in  a motel in Elk Point,....workin around here for the next 4 months.

B.

So I just went on utube,and from what I see there is some sort of demonstrations from different aircraft.....even if it is only static displays,I'm goin...Ill try to get more info about this years event.

B.

What link to utube did you look at, must have been some past open house, this year's might be totally different.  I will try to make time tomorrow to call the base and see if I can get info on what they have planned for this year.

I fly with some pals (IL2) on Saturday afternoons, so if I am going to go I would have to be back in B'ville before 3.  With that in mind I would be inclined to go on a morning / early afternoon trip.  I doubt that they will put on much of a demonstration if is similar to one I have seen in the past, pretty tame.  Now if they had some WW2 warbirds on display and in action, that would be a different matter entirely.

I don't blame you for going no matter what, like you are in Elk Point, and what goes on there, not too much.

So what work are you doing in Elk Point?

Dang! A bit too far away for a day trip.....

Got to go to the Lancaster museum in Nanton 2 weekends ago, though. Model competition - my youngest won silver for his 1/35 scale NATO AVGP Cougar, the vehicle I used in the army. His first ever competition, and the little bugger wins a prize!