New Toy Mmm

Jabo

• 2. Administrators
22 hours ago, Crash said:

If 3080s aren't available but 3090s are, then it will have to be one of them :) @fruitbat I have seen them but I was too chicken to buy! ONLY £1799 :startle:

I know they're ridiculously expensive, but I'm going to get one, as coupled with the Reverb 2, will be able to run pretty high settings.

However, its slipped down the order of things I'm getting though, I'm seriously considering replacing all i currently fly with with these,

vpc-009-r_05.png

200mm stick extension, (might go with the 100mm undecided on this currently).

vpc-602-200.png

vpc-109_01.png

desk mount for stick,

vpc-601-003_01.png

And throttle,

vpc-201-15.jpg

vpc-401_01.jpg

These last 2 can be mounted together, although I'll have the the other way around,

vpc-619_03.jpg

The cost of this is also insane, but an investment!!!!!

• 2. Administrators

If I was just going to fly the Hornet and nothing else, which I'm not, I might of considered the Winwing stuff, but i prefer the Virpil stuff personally.

I think for pedals though I'm going to go for MFG Crosswind pedals though,

mfg-crosswind-v2-grey.jpg

And it better last more than 3 years at that price!!!!!

Must get myself some pedals some day....:sheepsmile:

In a moment of weekend lockdown boredom I took my now old toys out for some exercise today.  Not far down the coast they're trying to protect what Brunel built in the middle of the nineteenth century from the effects of climate change in the early twenty-first.

IMG_3374.jpg

The only way to protect the line whilst keeping it open is to use this floating rig which can 'walk' itself along the foot of the embankment pile-driving as it goes.

A couple of miles further down the road provides a splendid view of some of the very large ships which have been anchored off Torbay and Lyme Bay for the last ten months. 

File_000_(1).jpg

IMG-3393.jpg

IMG_3399.jpg

IMG_3384.jpg

Most of the cruise ships seem to have come here from the Med. to enjoy the free parking but further out are tankers and bulk carriers with nowhere to go either.

This is all a shocking twenty miles from where I live so I expect I'm breaking some sort of rule but this is the furthest I've travelled from my home in about five months!:huh:

• Like 1

I've been eying a Virpil stick myself for a while as well. Although I like the original Mongoose more, which I think they stopped making.

How do you get that Virpil stuff though? Are there month-long waiting lists or something?

Overclockers. The price has gone up over £300 in the past month and I couldnt afford to wait as I cant see the price increases stopping. Yes it is a silly price but so are lots of other things. Still no sign of the Reverb G2 :(

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/graphics-cards/nvidia/geforce-rtx-3090

• 2 weeks later...