New Toy Mmm

Jabo

• 2. Administrators
3 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

IMG-0917.jpg

Hmmm......starting to realise the software running the camera in my old and battered hand-me-down iphone5 is rather more sophisticated than wots stuffed inside my Canon DSLR.....

As a teacher you should qualify for the educational version of Photoshop - just make sure that you get Lightroom and Bridge as well (they're all in my photography pack so you may get them all together).

@Crash and Jabo;  it's not the processing software I'm lacking.  Just the realisation of how sophisticated the software in a mobile phone is these days in terms of exposure control, autofocus functions, etc.

Friend of mine is a very keen photographer and he's got a .......er.......a big one.  Samsung Galaxy something or other and he's stopped taking his DSLR out as he gets better results with the camera on his phone. 

• 2. Administrators

That's interesting Arthur - I struggle with getting good photos on the phone, particularly where conditions are less than optimal. Mind you, I've got another gadget arriving in a few days which I also won't be able to use...so that's fun.

We had a talk at the photo club by a professional photographer who uses the latest iphone and it was capable of doing amazing things like adjusting the focus point after the photo had been taken, low light photography etc. He did always use a tripod and editing software though.

I simply wave it around vaguely and hey presto

IMG-0929.jpg

Thats one smart light meter working away here.  Not to mention the colour balance.  To do this with my Canon requires tripod and some rather clumsy third party software but even then it would be obvious it's several piccies stitched together.  

I recently took some shots of the latest 'supermoon'.  I had to read the manual for ten minutes to remember how to step the exposure down and then I needed to use my software to try and tease out the detail.

My mate merely held his phone up and ........:o

• Like 1

• 2. Administrators

So the new toy has arrived...

IMG_0031.JPG

Now to sort out a way of attaching it to the car and trackday footage beckons! Assuming my hand gets fixed and we ever get out of lockdown that is

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators
20 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Yeah but I'm stayin' alive with two completely fit male half-brains.  I blame the parents!

I blame the teachers...oh.

• 2. Administrators

Me for one. I caught a kid in my car yesterday afternoon while his mum took a picture of him! OK, the roof was down but it was parked on the drive at the time! As the car was locked with the windows up, that meant that he'd climbed over the car to get into the driver's seat! After I'd hauled him out, mum got both barrels.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...