New Toy Mmm

Jabo

By a strange coincidence my loved ones clubbed together er...last August (coughs slightly) and got me this for chrimbo!

Managed to fly it this morning for the first time - in between rain storms and now have a muddy chopper :rolleyes:

Nice chopper!

I used to fly a T-Rex 450 and an I.C Raptor 30 as an aside from my usual RC aeroplanes a few years ago.

My RC flying has been on hiatus since about 2011, but parts of my Raptor live on with PapaBear.

I flew RC pretty much as soon as I could walk and talk, i'll get back to it one of these days...

I'll occasionally sit up in my loft and stroke my 1/6th scale Spitfire.  :P

Lol, there appeared to be much more sorrow in your voice than your sons!

January.  One way or another, all thoughts turn to SATS........ :icon_puke_l:

@ Blubear; 'fraid I'm a fat-fingered fifty year old so I've had to become really good with a micro soldering iron!  I also have a little collective pitch Hisky which is around 6" long and for me is like juggling a bucket of frogs. On a good day its like juggling a bucket and a frog. :P 

Thank goodness for throttle hold!  

• 2 weeks later...

Got a new toy today :) Nikon Coolpix A. "Pocketable" camera, 16mp with DX sensor. Found it on Ebay UK and the chap only wanted 300£ for it. When it was released back in 2013, it was more than twice that price. Nice walk around cam, only 300 grams instead of a heavy DSLR 1+kg depending on what optics attached.

post-540-0-94140100-1452794635_thumb.jpg

Oops! Think I need an adapter, lol.

post-540-0-76794400-1452794691_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Luuurvley Swep!  I've been really looking forward to taking some winter landscapes but so far it's been mild and wet - just like today :rolleyes:

I was thinking of getting a small compact for similar reasons when I found one I'd bought the kids years ago which they've hardly used :rolleyes: #2.  Now it lives in the glove box of my motor.  Talking of motors;

IMG_7928.jpg

Not my new toy but my eldest son's new magnet.  GTi Diesel.  Bought it yesterday morning.  I've had a play and it goes like the clappers!  Late last night he took me for a spin on the local autobahn.

When he got it up to an indicated 130mph I had to cry "Enough!" :sleepy3:

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

5.4litres!!!! :roadrage: C'mon Rog; lets see it.   What does it do to the gallon?  ten to fifteen?  For your info; if my calculations are correct we're paying around $5.40 here in the UK for a US gallon of unleaded.  Whats it like in Missouri?

GSXR was just irresistible after I rode it and...well...why not? :thumbsu:   Fastest bike I've ever owned before this was a 1982 GPz1100A1.  Last bike I owned before this was a 1973 750 Triumph Bonneville - about eight years ago.

I've got a bit of catching up to do....slowly. :P     

• 1. DDz Quorum

298c29370e83598a0f48d1b64c108e62.jpg

dc68e1748904fabbe191729f11c339c9.jpg

e6e6ede07470b3237e65e4196be216d5.jpg

a8a40ce66b1357c4eb5fd3e3caa23565.jpg

We are paying around $1.94 a gallon currently, just as well considering I'm getting around 13 mpg!

Would love a bike like yours though, climate here is perfect for it (except wearing leathers would be very uncomfortable).

Stay safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Not a new toy but yesterday was - astonishingly - my eldest son's twenty-fifth birthday.

As we sat at the breakfast table and the sun rose over another drizzling, arse-freezing, grey morning;

"So what are you doing today, son?"

"Melissa (GF) says we're going for a romantic walk on Dartmoor"

"Dartmoor...today?...nice....."

What she did infact have planned was an hour in this;

Doing a touch and go at Innsbruck!  He said it was fantastic!!  Wouldn't mind a go myself.

He did it here;

http://www.virtualjetcentre.co.uk/

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Finally after more than a week of owning the car, without being able to do anything but feel sorry for myself, I got out on a short trip and took some photos of my new toy. Well, there were two "new" toys actually. Photos taken with my other new toy, a Nikon D750 which havn't been used a lot since I bought it. Note, both are used but very well taken care of from previous owners.

Regarding the big toy it has winter tyres/wheels mounted, which can bee seen on the photos. Original ones are a bit bigger and wider. 235x45x17 and they will come on in april.

passat_1.jpg

passat_2.jpg

• Like 1