New Toy Mmm

Jabo

We are going to the Land of Wonder (Down Under) next year

Went there in August so all my boys could meet their cousins and great uncle - my dad's big bruv' - who lives with his son and family in Perth. He was ninety earlier this year.

I hadn't been to Aus. for the best part of fifteen years.  My advice; take plenty of money.  You'll need it.  Oh yeah, don't bother going to Perth unless you have to.  In the words of uncle Jerry who craves a visit to his native Yorkshire Riding "It's like arriving at the arse end of the moon!" 

It has arrived ,but as it will be a "Christmas" present it is staying in the box. Although I did register the serial number with Canon online as there wasnt a card in the box, and the box does have a lot of Chinese writing on it.

• 6 months later...

My youngest had his tenth birthday a couple of weeks back.  His big brothers got him one of these;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/U818A-2-4GHz-Axis-Quadcopter-Camera/dp/B00D3IN11Q/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1431295539&sr=8-6&keywords=drones+with+cameras

Upon unwrapping the big and interesting box said  "Ages 14+",  which gave me the pretext to confiscate it like any responsible victorian father would :P.  I, ahem...we just had enough flying time at the end of a delightful April to realise that victorian father would have to splash out on extra batteries before the gales of early May brought a temporary stop to my our flying programme.

This weekend the batteries arrived along with some weather :thumbsu:

Very good fun and I can quite understand why these things get up peoples noses too!  Ours seems pretty indestructable as we avoid tarmac.  I suspect it'll end its days stuck in the high branches of a local tree.  In the mean time :dj:

finn%20with%20drone.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Despite several attempts with the puncture repair kit it has become obvious that our inflatable kayak is a goner. :angry:   On Thursday I succumbed to temptation and drove up to Taunton and got myself this;

396.jpg

Its a beauty - the only problem being it won't fit on the roof of my VW Golf safely so when we want to use our kayaks I'll have to borrow eldest son's 'orrible Peugeot.

Incredibly, yesterday the sun returned so we were able to have a play with some other summer layabouts of my acquaintance on Branscombe beach.  Maiden voyage;

Wifey is the front seater, lol.

:P

• Like 1

The quadcopter is a piece of the proverbial to fly. By its very nature its incredibly stable compared to the choppers. The main problem is still trying to avoid the temptation to boost the throttle and watch it go straight up and out of radio contact :rolleyes: .   I've just upgraded the camera on it too but frankly sonny boy has been much more interested in his bike, his football and his Lego this summer.

I, on the other hand, have just scored myself one of these;

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__38126__Walkera_V450D03_Flybarless_Helicopter_with_6_axis_Gyro_Mode_2_RTF_.html

from evilbay. :thumbsu:

Of course, this is just between you, me and the DangerDogz.  No need for wifey to know yet.  I've just got to figure out a way to collect it from its present owner in West Bromwich and smuggle it into the house :P

• 1. DDz Quorum

Of course, this is just between you, me and the DangerDogz.  No need for wifey to know yet.  I've just got to figure out a way to collect it from its present owner in West Bromwich and smuggle it into the house :P

Anything I can do to assist....? West Brom is 20 mins up the road from me, could pick it up for you and meet on M5 for a coffee/chat if you want 

:)

Thanks for the offer chaps but one of my mates has now made the pick up.

'Course its now turning into a major conspiracy of boys toys.    My new chopper is safely tucked away at my mates house and awaits collection at my conveniance.  This morning a full Yoshimura exhaust system for my mates GSXR600 was delivered to my house.......and is safely tucked away, etc, etc.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

Think you're right Arthur - it's definitely chillier up here and rain forecast for tomorrow. And the airshow season has finished officially today so it's clearly time for me to hibernate until the Spring.

• 2 months later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

My new xmas plaything:

http://www.locomotionmodels.com/british-model-railways/oo-gauge-4mm/nrm-exclusive-editions-and-collection/bachmannnrm-exclusive-ivatt-c1-atlantic-lner-apple-green.htm

My loved ones and extended family clubbed together for it bless 'em. Sufficed to say Bank Holiday Monday was spent setting up a test track to, er, "make sure it worked" - at least I think that was the excuse I used!

• Like 2

• 1. DDz Quorum

My new xmas plaything:

http://www.locomotionmodels.com/british-model-railways/oo-gauge-4mm/nrm-exclusive-editions-and-collection/bachmannnrm-exclusive-ivatt-c1-atlantic-lner-apple-green.htm

My loved ones and extended family clubbed together for it bless 'em. Sufficed to say Bank Holiday Monday was spent setting up a test track to, er, "make sure it worked" - at least I think that was the excuse I used!

That's a beauty!

Wow!  A Great Northern Atlantic.  That is nice :salute: .   I notice they do a model for Painless too;

http://www.bachmann.co.uk/image_box.php?image=images1/branchline/31-531.jpg&cat_no=31-531&info=0&width=650&height=211

By a strange coincidence my loved ones clubbed together er...last August (coughs slightly) and got me this for chrimbo!

IMG_7917.jpg

Managed to fly it this morning for the first time - in between rain storms and now have a muddy chopper :rolleyes: