New Toy

delta7

• 2. Administrators

lol, i haven't a clue. It occurred to me that i've could probably tell you more about a picture of a WWII plane these days than a new car, not sure what that says about me really!

what you got, VW, BM?

Bloody hell!!! 115 mph lap in a car? That IS bonkers. Check out the vid at 4.30 how much steering lock he's giving it going down Bray Hill :salute: . On a flying lap the big bikes are doing around 170-180mph depending on how much of a nutter the rider is.

Nice motor Dave. :thumbsu: I've gone Captain Sensible again with an 06 Golf TDi. I like having a car made of recycled Panzers.

Oh, that's loverly! "Tuners" around here typically get over 500HP out of these cars without breaking a sweat or sacrificing much reliability. Enjoy your hotrod, laddie!

P.S. Yeah Arthur. I saw that little "bobble" too, only someone that has been sideways at over 100 miles an hour can appreciate that one! (just watching the vid makes me heart go pitter patter!)

• 2. Administrators

The fastest I've ever been in a car on a public road was in one of those (I wasn't driving at the time). For the record we covered the 20 miles of the M69 motorway in under 10 minutes! At 3pm one Saturday afternoon...

Jabo

You have not lived until you've been sideways at 100 mph sliding towards a concrete bridge abutment! I think the fastest I've ever been is about 140 in a Corvette with a Pontiac Lemans right next to us (I wasn't driving either). I was confident in the Corvette's capability at 140, but not so much in the Lemans. Just because a car has the power to get to a given speed, it doesn't mean the car is safe to drive at that speed. :startle: I've never been over 120 mph while driving myself. I suppose only because I've never had a car that could both reach more than speed and be capable of being controlled at that speed. My Chevelle had plenty of power, but it's gearing would only allow for 120 without over revving, and to be honest I was happy with that in a 3800lb sedan. It got there plenty fast though!]

Back on subject: I'd be more than happy to drive a Subaru at 150mph. My wife's Forrester was the most stable car I've ever driven.

• 2. Administrators

Yes, my pal's scooby was touching 150 from time to time on that run. Bloody quick. I've got to 130 previously (several years ago - before I grew out of habitual speeding) although having been alarmed at the way the steering response changed at that speed I backed off and let the car slow down to a something more sensible.

Jabo

Nice car mate. As BA says, those cars can really be tuned.

The fastest I've ever driven was a bit over 160mph in the little woman's Camaro. Overbored and custom cammed 4 bolt main 350 and high geared rear end. Not a fast off the line car, but more top speed than is healthy. The motor still had some extra rpm left to go, but that's where fin angles ext. would need to be readjusted because we lost the vacuum underneath the car. It floated up and started to feel squirrely so we had to ease off and let the speed drop just a bit. Truly a scary feeling when that happens.

scan002.jpg