Just Installed Rof Any Additions?

I just installed ROF ICE from the $7.99 deal. So is there any MODS or additions you would recommend? Any weapon purchases ect that are a must?

Still in the process of tweaking the graphics and need to setup the HOTAS. I also will probably do a simple Helios touchscreen profile for it as well. Only wish there was a UDP Speed like app for ROF to get the gauges.

As always I like to hear other peoples opinions and experiences.

OverDhill

Hi John,

If you've just got your hands on the ICE edition then for the moment I'd just practice some flying and fighting. Do not be surprised if you can't hit a cow in a corridor at first. RoF needs some time to get used to compared with the higher speeds involved in other combat sims.

Best 'planes to practice with, in my opinion, are the SE5a and the Albatross DVa and Fokker DVII. They have fairly benign flight models, good views out of the cockpits and well laid out instruments. Field mods for the scouts include extra instruments and some very useful advanced gunsights and would be my first, extra, purchases but best to get everything mapped out how you like it, response curves sorted and just practice.

You might be interested in this very nice, community made extra map, which is a freebie download;

http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=34283

• Like 1