Mod Help

OB1

Hey M8's,

I've been hoping to get back to flying with all of you again, and I've heard HSFX is the MOD to have if I want to fly with the Dogz again. I have a few questions, and I hope someone can get me going in the right direction. I'm still working off of the old machine with the hampsters working double time in the wheel to keep my rig running. :P It's a windows XP and IL2 is 4.10.1 UP3 RC4. I've tried to install a new version from the DVD and it won't allow me to install because of what I think is, I have a copy in the Program Files already. My question is can I copy the existing IL2 folder and move it into the C: drive and then update to 4.11.1 & HSFX 6 even with the UP3 RC4 installed in that folder already? And, will the JSGME I already use for UP3 RC4 work for switching to both versions of the modded game. Being JO still uses the UP3, I need to be able to switch back to UP3 for classes. I appreciate any help you M8's can give, and when I get it working, I'll be sure to stop by to be used as cannon fodder. Oh, and BTW, Hello to all my old M8's. Even Painless. LOL...

OB

Hey OB old m8!

here is what would i do:

1. copy your game from Program files to a new location just for a backup i u remember later on that u had a good paint scheme or to transfer your pilot settings. this copy is obsolete and it is not usable with hsfx

2. go to windows control panel and uninstall il2. this will remove the one in your program files folder

3. install il2 from the dvd and patch it to 4.11.1

a ) copy the game from program files to a new location for a backup purposes

b ) uninstall il2 from control panel again

4. make one more copy of your backed up clean 4.11.1 game and install HSFX over it

5. patch hsfx to 6.01 i believe and install hsfx6 autoupdater

6. run the autoupdater to update your hsfx to 6.0.17

a) and b ) steps are optional so windows do not complain if u do something wrong with your il2 installation or if u need to reinstall.

• 1 month later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

ODh, I've added your IP address to the list of authorized computers.

So, now you can run it.

Not sure why you want to use it, but it is basically there to either try and fix some weird issue with your install (an issue or issues that cannot be fixed any other way).

It does work, if you let it run and do its job, (check and fix) and do that repeatedly, until it finds no issues anymore.

If you let it run, it will 'fix' your installation so it is up to HSFX 6.0.17.with the following mods active in JSGME:

HSFX history mod

Exe 512MB

EXPERT mode

Hakenkreuz Enabler

SEOW Transferring Mission Fix

Perfect Map Textures

TIGER Flyby's

Good Luck!

So, now you can run it.

Not sure why you want to use it, but it is basically there to either try and fix some weird issue with your install (an issue or issues that cannot be fixed any other way).

It does work, if you let it run and do its job, (check and fix) and do that repeatedly, until it finds no issues anymore.

If you let it run, it will 'fix' your installation so it is up to HSFX 6.0.17.with the following mods active in JSGME:

HSFX history mod

Exe 512MB

EXPERT mode

Hakenkreuz Enabler

Perfect Map Textures

TIGER Flyby's

Good Luck!

Thanks

What is Exe 512MB?

Since this is a new install I figured it would not hurt to have it checked

OverDhill

• 2. Administrators

So, now you can run it.

HSFX history mod

Exe 512MB

EXPERT mode

Hakenkreuz Enabler

Perfect Map Textures

TIGER Flyby's

Good Luck!

Thanks

What is Exe 512MB?

Since this is a new install I figured it would not hurt to have it checked

OverDhill

It allows the game to call for 512meg of memory instead of the standard 256meg, which helps with some of the newer mod maps due to there larger textures, without having to drop the texture compression down in the conf.ini, for il2 not to show its out of memory error.

• 2. Administrators

FT, he does already have that file/folder, its contained in the ivans all exe's zip file in the hsfx readme and tools folder.

just needs to be extracted, and copied into jsgmemods folder

• 2. Administrators

Is there any issues using the

Tiger 33's Ultimate Sound mod v3

OverDhill

I use it, its great, but you have to make sure you enable the expert mode version, after you've enabled expert mode in jsgme, and some people have problems getting it to work with onboard sound rather than a sound card.

• 2. Administrators

It does much more than that. It changes the way a lot of the ground objects work and in particular ships, also changes some of the fm's for some of the stock planes plus extra loadouts for some of them plus other stuff that in particular relates to the running of SEOW campaigns

• 1. DDz Quorum

The 'Flyable G-11', but as you've used ChkMods, you already have that one.

Maybe the FOV one, for some wider FOV: Link

(And, as there's not much documented there:link to thread )

Others? I dunno, I'd be careful with them mods, as, well, they are mods, and, so, basically, they are bad. Very bad. Effin' bad... :shaunhb: