Flying Legends 2013

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

The participants list and running order is up on the tfc website and unless I'm ver much mistaken this is shaping up to be a vintage Legends. AND there's a tbm on the list!!! Avenger anyone?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1. DDz Quorum

Quite close Crash ...

Sooooooooo, Is the proposed itinerary

Monday------ Mr Ps

Tuesday------ Yeovilton

Wednesday-- Kent :huh: :huh:

Not sure if I can do Wednesday ;(

Friday --- Gathering at Duxford airfield. 

Note: As early as possible, first one there wins a prize!  :shaunhb:  (I just don't want to hang around there on me own all mornin' ya know :rtfm: )

Evenin' : Hotel (check in for some), drinks, out for Curry.

Saturday: Show, and in the evenin' Fish'n'Chips

Sunday: Show, and in the evenin' early night, we want/need to be fresh monday mornin' ... lol

Monday --- Travel to Mr. P's, possibly visit a museum en route.

Thursday -- also Kent.

Friday -- traveling home.

But, really, general idea is to have it a bit more relaxing than last year, as for things listed on the planner...

That may or may not include things already planned, or things yet to be planned. Or similar.

It's just that... I dunno... 

Wot?

• 2. Administrators

Itinerary? Pffft - just wing it!

FLYING PROGRAMME (correct as at 10th July)

Published on July 10, 2013 by chris in Uncategorized

Order of flying is subject to change
Appearance of aircraft listed is subject to weather, serviceability & operational commitments

AIRCRAFT                                                OPERATOR

1:45        BEARCAT SOLO                                           THE FIGHTER COLLECTION

2:00        BREMONT HORSEMEN                           COMMANCHE FIGHTERS, TFC                 

3 x SPITFIRES MK I’s & MK V
                  BUCHONS                                                      ARC, SPITFIRE LIMITED
                  SPITFIRES XIV                                            THE FIGHTER COLLECTION
                  SPITFIRES IX                                               OFMC
                  SPITFIRES XVI                                            ARC
                   B17                                                                   B17 PRESERVATION
                   P47                                                                  THE FIGHTER COLLECTION

2:30        P40F                                                                 THE FIGHTER COLLECTION
                  P40B                                                                 THE FIGHTER COLLECTION
                  P40N                                                                 SDPA
                  HAWK 75                                                         THE FIGHTER COLLECTION
                 JUNKERS JU52                                              LUFTHANSA
                  ME 108                                                             LUFTHANSA
                  JUNGMAN                                                       A. KYNSEY
                  SEA FURY                                                        SPITFIRE WARBIRDS
                  CORSAIR                                                           FLYING BULLS

3:00      YAK 50’S                                                            THE AEROSTARS
                GLADIATOR                                                      THE FIGHTER COLLECTION
                GLADIATOR                                                      SHUTTLEWORTH COLLECTION
                MUSTANG TF51                                               THE FIGHTER COLLECTION
                 MUSTANG P51D                                             MISTRAL WARBIRDS
                 MUSTANG P51C                                              THE FIGHTER COLLECTION
                 MUSTANG P51D                                              SDPA
                 MUSTANG P51D                                              OFMC

3:30       NIMROD                                                             THE FIGHTER COLLECTION
                 NIMROD                                                              HAC
                 DEMON                                                                H. DAVIES
                 HAWKER HIND                                                SHUTTLEWORTH COLLECTION
                 HURRICANE                                                     JAN FRISO ROOZEN
                 SPITFIRE                                                            BBMF
                 HURRICANE                                                      BBMF

4:00      L4 CUB                                                                  FRAZER BLADES                    
                L4 CUB                                                                  ADRIAN ACRES
                L4 CUB                                                                  ROBIN ROBERTS
                YAK 3                                                                    MARK DAVY
                YAK 9                                                                    PAUL BOSCHUNG
                YAK 11                                                                  ROB DAVIES
                WILDCAT                                                             THE FIGHTER COLLECTION                         
                TBM                                                                        CHARLIES HEAVIES
                SEAFURY                                                             RNHF
                SWORDFISH                                                        RNHF

4:30      LYSANDER                                                         SHUTTLEWORTH
                STORCH                                                               PETER HOLLOWAY
                MORANE                                                             DANIEL KOBLET
                DAKOTA                                                              DAKOTA NORWAY

5:00      THE BALBO

Edit: Just noticed that a certain P-51C is listed above as being operated by the Fighter Collection - hmmm.....

Further edit: I'll be heading South East tomorrow afternoon, will probably stop off at Dux to check the local activity en-route. Do I win a prize FT?

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Chasps,

Might have to modify the plan a bit because we have a flight booked for 4.30pm on Tuesday at Popham. Then some food and a drinkypoos in the DDz hut : )

We are meant to be meeting Dave, (our pilot for the afternoon) at 3.00pm and he has planned in three possibly four 15 minute flights. Hopefully the only thing that could cancel it would be the weather.

How about visiting Yeovilton on Wednesday ?

Cheers,  Mick.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Wednesday is to be spent 

in a cool and relaxed drive to Kent...

Otherwise... Thursday to Kent, Friday home?

Might as well skip Kent altogether then... :crying:

So, Yeovilton is not possible on Monday, nor Tuesday.

If Wednesday, then... Kent is out... (too short a visit, and then next, Friday will be a challenge, to get from P's place to Stanstead in time (what time is your return flight anyways Sweper?)

I do not want to race :roadrage:  through the UK, I want to have a quiet stressless ride! :ride_bike:

Anyways, if this is the choice, I vote for Kent!

• 1. DDz Quorum

Wait-a-minute ... a flight would be good.

But, there is the option of visiting Yeovilton Tuesday, and Wednesday leave for Kent.

Then Crash will be with us when visiting Yeovilton.

Yes, this way we skip the flight... too bad... (Hm, cán we even Painless? Will you get into any trouble for that? May sound that were not interested at all ... but it's just.. the timing already made us loose the Stearman flight... and basically, if I have to choose... I'd rather do Yeovilton with Crash, and also see Kent instead of a flight and none of the others... get my drifty?)

(Also, to be honest, Portsmouth-Stanstead-Harwich isn't that much further than Ramsgate-Stanstead-Harwich... 173mi instead of 153, so I have to get back on that stressfull ride stuff... it is more M25 to round from Portsmouth, but... well, you get my drift. I was overreacting once again.)

Oh, and Thursday lunch at the Jackdaw pub, Denton

• 1. DDz Quorum

Arjen you sound like you are having a bit of a moment there m8 ??

Phew, I got it now.

Tuesday: Fly! + Arthur's stuff

Wednesday: Towards Kent.

(So, skip Yeovilton)

Are you sure thats what you want to do then ? LOL 

Sounds like Monday would be the day to do Yeovilton but it would be a bloody long drive from Cambridge to Yeovilton to Portsmouth in one day. Not really possible I would say . It's a 3 .5 hour drive from Cambridge to Yeovilton.and a 2 hour drive  from Yeovilton to my place.

Staying in the Cambridge hotel on Sunday night prevents Monday being used for much more that travelling down to Portsmouth with a nearby visit on the way perhaps.

A thought...........We could fit everything in including Yeovilton on Monday if we stayed at my place on Sunday night ?

We could visit the Portsmouth Dockyard if you like on Tuesday then fly late afternoon and off to Kent on Wednesday.

Do you want to spend any time just sitting and relaxing ?

Crash what do you want to do ?

Nick are you comming down as well ?

Anyone else ?

I have no problem with whatever you want to do but I need to let Dave know asap if he needs to cancel the flight. He already moved it from Monday to Tuesday because he did not realise that we would not be here all day Monday bless him.

What do you think ?

Cheers,  Mick.

• 2. Administrators

Problem is m8 that ppl may have already paid for the hotel. If it can be refunded then heading down to yours Sunday night is ok by me. Really want to do Yeovilton

Edit: just checked the t's & c's on my hotel booking and I can cancel Sunday night if necessary provided I do it before 4pm on Friday.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Crash,

That is kind of what I was thinking M8.  We could have a bite to eat after the show on Sunday and then leave around 7pm , drive (in a relaxed manner) down to my place via the M11 . M25, A3. Only bug is the M25 may be a bit busy in places (mind you that can be the case at any time : (

On Monday we could set of at a reasonable 10am , be at Yeovilton by around 12.00. Wander around for 4 hours then be back here again for around 6- 6.30 in the evening then relax and have a drink or two.

Tuesday; historic Portsmouth and Popham flight in the afternoon.

Wednesday Kent.....

If we are going to do that then as Nick said the Sunday night room needs to be cancelled asap.

Cheers,  Mick.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi Arjen,

Where are you now ?

That's a bugger about the non refundable dam ! Siobhan seems to think that you should be able to get a refund for the Sunday ? (she used to work in a hotel on reception )

It seems to be the only way of doing the Yeovilton visit Monday and the flight Tuesday before Wednesday's trip to Kent m8.

How about if you just follow me (no navigation required) and I drive at 100kmh all the way home on Sunday sweetheart xxx

Dave said he could rebook the flight for as late as 7 pm on Tuesday but that would make for a very busy day if we went to Yeovilton as well. We would be watching the clock to make sure we were back in time. He is hoping to come and join us for some food at my place after he has taken us up : )

Trying to avoid any "rushing about" because I know you don't like that : )

We can finally decide on Friday face to face then I can let Dave know (via your lap top email) before the aircraft get booked up by other people.

This reminds me of planning an SEOW trying to keep everyone happy ! LOL

Cheers, Mick.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I'm still at home, will be leaving in less than two hours...

Hm. yeah. Well. Okay, I dunno. Yeah, it's all fine...no need to rebook the flight ... we'll leave on sunday's then... Hope Sweper don't mind...

110km/h would be acceptable as well mate...  :shaunhb:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Oh, no refunds because I booked via the Hotel's website, and payed all up front, some special rate, what's special about it I dunno, but I'm pretty sure it not a special price...

No worries on that money 'lost' ... it's already gone! 

• 1. DDz Quorum

If you are sure that is OK then I will tell Dave that we are on for the flight at 4.30pm Tuesday.  Do you know if anyone else apart from You, Swep, Crash and Nick ? is coming to stay with us on Sunday, Monday Tuesday night then ? It would be nice to know how many beds we are going to need.  :hiding:

See you tomorrow m8's 

Mick.