Flying Legends 2013

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

@ Swep - Here.

Find Flying Legends in the list and click 'Book Now'. Select Saturday 13th July from the calendar and click 'Proceed'. On the next screen the 2 day entry passes are at the top of the list. Just enter the number of passes you need and click 'Proceed' to start the checkout process. Bear in mind that because tickets are posted to you there is a delivery charge (£7.00 for international, £2.50 UK). If people coming from abroad want a UK address you can send them to so as to save on postage PM me for details.

Jabo

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2. Administrators

So first the bad news - it looks like BA won't be able to make it

the good news - a different sort of American fighter may be able to.

8717416328_63ca9812ba_b.jpg

The Wildcat fires up for the first time in 5 years!

Jabo

It's funny, I look back now and think how much I took the cats for granted. They were always kinda 'there' and I can't believe it's been 5 years since they were last airborne.

Excellent work tfc, looks like they are finally putting all the paperwork debacle behind them.

• 2. Administrators

You're right Chris, the 'Grumman Ironworks' were such an integral part of the Legends experience it was a said day when they were grounded due to an seemingly arbitrary edict from the paper shufflers at the CAA. I see from TFC's website that the hellcat is also being worked on. It would be good to see all three cats in the air together (even better if we could get the tiger back too!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

Definitely - Only FT and Sweper are confirmed for this year though. What do you fellows want to do?

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

8790519300_3959a8e3e5_c.jpg

Snafu and the Hawk 75 returning today from a show on the other side of the ditch.

• 1. DDz Quorum

We want to drink Spitfanny...

And see some stuff, old stuff, like a tourist would... 

Or, maybe not. I dunno.

Abandoned airfields?

Yeovilton anyone? 

(w00t, it's even further away than Bovington is...)

And, for sure, visit Kent, if the weather over there is as nice as it was last year..

Really, I dunno.

• 2. Administrators

And see some stuff, old stuff, like a tourist would... 

Or, maybe not. I dunno.

Abandoned airfields?

I know where there's an abandoned dispersal hut...

• 2. Administrators

Apparently she'll be the lead in the horsemen 3-ship!

Incidentally, yesterday's pilot was one Steven Hinton - son of 'the' Steve Hinton - some guys have all the luck

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

New Horsemen intel! Word is that the display team will be swapping their normal P-51 mounts for Spitfires for this years Leg Ends show! Don't worry though BluBear, Lizzy won't be heading back to the US until after the July show.

New Horsemen intel! Word is that the display team will be swapping their normal P-51 mounts for Spitfires for this years Leg Ends show! Don't worry though BluBear, Lizzy won't be heading back to the US until after the July show.

Really? Thats' going to involve a great deal of rehearsing at short notice, isn't it? 

• 2. Administrators

Not necessarily, all three pilots regularly fly the spit, and the performance envelope for the display should be well within the capabilities of either machine. It'll certainly make a nice change though.

Question is, which Spitfires?

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Chaps,

For anyone who is intending to stay at my place post show, my M8 Dave who I go flying with has offered a short flight to my DDz M8s from Popham airfield.

Kev has been up with him over the Battle of Britain memorial at Capel-le-Ferne.

This would very much depend on the weather but if all is well 3 or 4 of you could go up one at a time while the rest of us watch. It would be free as I will pay for ther fuel.

Please let me know if any are interested asap and I will let Dave know : )

Cheers,  Mick.