Flying Legends 2013

Jabo

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know Jabo, and it will be awful, at least until I get in contact with you guys, then the pack mentality will kick in and I'll feel well armed. (after all there aught to be several dozen arms all told :) )

At any rate, should I need protection during my stay in England, I'm sure I'll be able to find a policeman.

I will then take his gun away from him, apologize profusely and take care of business.

:)

• 2. Administrators

Assuming you can find an armed policeman BA. Although there will be armed cops at the airport (especially if they've been tipped off about a thirsty Yank arriving), you'll be hard pushed to find much of an armed presence in deepest Cambridgeshire (unless they've been tipped off also). ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

I am already in discussion with JP re: mates rates so sit tight just for the moment. We're going to need to do something pretty soon though...

Jabo

Update (current prices from the web);

Holiday Inn @ Whittlesford is £149 p/n

Red Lion is £159 p/n for a single room, £179 for a double/twin

Holiday Inn - Coldhams Business Park (we used it in 2011) - £103 p/n for a twin

Holiday Inn - A1 (used in 2012) - £54 p/n but a long, long way from Duxford - 45mins drive IIRC

• 1. DDz Quorum

Assuming you can find an armed policeman BA. Although there will be armed cops at the airport (especially if they've been tipped off about a thirsty Yank arriving), you'll be hard pushed to find much of an armed presence in deepest Cambridgeshire (unless they've been tipped off also). ;-)

You would be surprised how many armed Police there are in Cambridgeshire!

My this is gearing up to be an epic Dogsford, I had better book some leave although not sure where I will be based in July, we are expecting to move this year when our robbing bastard landlords wish to repossess their hovel from us :(

That's good. You might get to go this year!

Jabo

Indeed! This year I have a full-time income once again and I've warned all the members of my immediate family that they're not to die in early July!!

Fruitbat is gonna' have to remind me why I owe him a pint? Has he won a fugley contest? :thumbsu:

Ah, I see........I think. Not quite sure what that proves as here;

ae2b383ccb631.jpg

we have the CoD map as a winter wonderland. With a bit of digging I can give you the CoD map in it's desert guise. Sorry, wallets staying firmly down the crack of my arse where us Scots/Yorkshiremen prefer to keep it! (drink, anyone? :icon_puke_l: ).

Apologies for thread derail too.

• 2. Administrators

Could everyone who's planning to attend Legends this year check the Accommodation thread and ensure that you're aware of the prices and if you have a problem with prices for the Cambridge hotel please, please SAY SOMETHING! Even if it's a PM (If you're happy, vote in the poll!). The Cambridge hotel is more expensive than we (OK, I) first thought and since we will always try to be inclusive of EVERYONE, I need to know if there's a problem.

Cheers

(A very stressed) Jabo