Flying Legends 2013

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Here we go again...Since I've had an missive from the Fighter Collection that the tickets for next year's Legends will go on sale soon, I thought perhaps it was time to get moving.

Soooo, in my capacity as Event Liason Officer :bow:  who's up for the 2013 Duxford bash? Let's have dates, times, significant others etc, etc. We can then get the accomodation thing going too...

...For those that don't know, next year's show is on 13th-14th July

Jabo - Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday + whatever else (room booked)
Crash - Friday, Saturday, Sunday + whatever else (room booked)
Sweper - Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday + whatever else (room booked)
Painless - Friday , Saturday, Sunday + any other business (room booked)
FT - Friday, Saturday, Sunday + AOB (room booked)
Eshark + 1 - Friday, Saturday, Sunday (room booked)
Blubear - Friday, Saturday (room booked)
Fenrir - Friday, Saturday (room booked
Fruitbat - Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday (room booked)
JP ?
Friar - Friday, Saturday (go home sunday at some point) (room booked)
Sid - Friday, Saturday, off home Sunday (room booked)
Bucky ?
Arthur - Friday, Saturday, Sunday (room booked)
B16ENK - hopefully for the show and maybe an evening (easier if we're in Cambridge Rog?)

17 thus far...Woot!

Feel free to edit!

Jabo

P.S. Crash wins the spot prize for being the first to respond - once I've decided what it is.

Strongly advise that if you're intending to do the museums at Duxford on the Friday plus doing the flightline walk during the show you should join the Friends of the Fighter Collection. For £10 you get reduced rate entry to the museum on non-airshow days plus free access to the flightline walk

Edited by Snacko
Changed Eshark's info

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This year, err.. next years event I think I´ll arrive one day earlier to get another day at Duxford and also to avoid that we´ll be late for dinner. If the flight and train schedule fits that is. So, regarding hotel nights that will be; thursday -> friday -> saturday -> sunday -> monday -> eventually to friday in Painless master bedroom couch.

Don't think you need to arrive on Thursday m8, just earlier on Friday. Like in the morning...

I´d like to, but. Earliest train from Falkenberg gives me about one hour in Copenhagen before takeoff. Not much to play with I´m afraid. Slighest delay and I´m screwed. I would then have arrived around 11 Duxford time. I checked time schedule that is not up to date though. A new will be released this week actually! But I doubt it will be any earlier since it is going to be a summer schedule.

• 2. Administrators

So what are you intending to do Swep? I think maybe grabbing a cheap room at a hotel near the airport would be sensible, then perhaps if you ask Blubear or Fruitbat nicely they might pick you up as they come past Stanstead on the Friday morning. Or FT or Painless or.....

• 1. DDz Quorum

as long as I'm healthy and employed, I shall make it over the pond this year.

my pledge: if I don't make it over, I'll send a 50 quid note to buy the first round.

~S~ JP old chap,

If you are unwell and/or unemployed that is all the more reason to fly over for an overdue "rest"! I can take you down to Portsmouth Dockyard each day for the following week and by the end of it you will have plenty of money and you won't care about any previous health issues :whiplash:

Want to chat about it ? call 0898 55 55 55 for the lonely sailors companion advisory service ;)

Cheers, Mick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You know what? I'm going to be there. I might need to knock off a liquor store, but hell it's worth 10 to 20 being Bubba's girlfriend for three drunken nights with me mates. Well maybe not, but I'm not bright enough to think that far ahead. I'll get in touch with you about the logistics, Jabo. I doubt that my lovely wife will be coming as I'd need to knock her out to get her on a plane, and well the authorities frown on that sort of stuff around here.

• 2. Administrators

No sweat Chet, I'm sure the arrangements won't be too complicated. If there's more than just you coming, it would be good if we can try and synch the flights so we can do just a single pick-up from the airport even if we need more than one car (unlikely).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk