The Full Monty

Crash

If you want to have a lot of the latest mods for offline use and like me you dont want to edit files to include new ships aircraft etc then this might be for you. What you need is Dark Blue World 1.71 a "clean" #DBW folder and the 19 BIG downloads of The Full Monty. Each of the downloads is a JSGME mod and they must be installed in order. Each mod is several Megs in size and as such it takes some time to enable them. As its a JSGME mod there is nothing else to do. You get things like B26, angle deck carriers, Phantoms, Crusaders, map mods etc. look here for more details http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,28809.0.html

Be aware, folks, Full Monty is a super big bunch of stuff, (in all reality, he just compiled a bunch of SAS mods into single installs), some of which is a CPU hog and framerate killer. Oh and before you don't read the rest of this, also, be warned: activating this pack though JSGME can take three forevers. Be very patient. I'd also advise a dedicated install and no plans to uninstall it, but hey... My system is a 2006-8ish (don't remember exactly), and even being high end for a "not exorbitant" price at the time, I got to #4 or so of this pack and tried a simple island based quick mission with only me. The result was not a slideshow per se, but definitely laggy. I wasn't impressed with that, and will have to await a more modern CPU in order to partake. Looks really REALLY nice, assuming you have the system to run it though. It's the epitome of the reason why many of us (myself included) still fly this sim at all; the enormously expanded content. Still, it would be nice to have it in 4.11 base. Oh well.

Edit: That's assuming I can get DBW running again in the first place. Follow install directions? Yup. Success? Nope. Trying to tell me something, I think.