Request For A Match - Update

Friar

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1. DDz Quorum

Copy of reply to question posted by Fruitbat...

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by fruitbat viewpost-right.png

Salute gentlemen,

First off, thank you for all the work on building this missionsmile.png

I have just one question lol, regarding how the radar is going to work during the actual mission.

I've heard from Friar that if you fly under 100m you will not show on the radar, is this 100m above sea level across the map, as the German airfields are above that figure ( @160m ), and therefore, as soon as

German planes spawn in, they would show on the red radar, or am i misunderstanding?

Thanks in advance,

DD_fruibat.

You are welcome, and correct. The radar is fixed to the sea level, and so is the limit of 100m above deck. For this reason we gave it a limited range (~5 grids). The airfields closest to the Channel may show planes but the ones further inland should not.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by airdoc viewpost-right.png

Can someone re-check the German radar at BE22 please? I flew over it many times and didn't see a single AA shooting. It is supposed to be protected by a small motorized supply column. Does this have AA potential?

In general, it seems like the whole coastal line from BE22 to BF23 (which has 2 targets for reds) doesn't have significant AA protection, although there are 2 airfields in very close proximity -Wissant and Calais-Coqueles- none of which has even a single AA. Although the airfields dont have aircraft, it seems pretty easy for a red guy to fly over this area without any opposition whatsoever.

Well spotted, thanks airdoc.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by SMURFY1967 viewpost-right.png

I`ve added 2 X 20mm to each radar station, there is plenty of AA around the fields and target areas, Calais is a proper gauntlet as is Dover, as you`d expect them to be really.

Thanks Smurfy.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Originally Posted by SMURFY1967

I`ve added 2 X 20mm to each radar station, there is plenty of AA around the fields and target areas, Calais is a proper gauntlet as is Dover, as you`d expect them to be really.

Thanks Smurfy.

Brilliant... another good plan out of the window... oh well...

• 1. DDz Quorum

Another post I just made

How to kick this thing off?

May I suggest that we let everyone spawn in, giving the server a moment or two to settle down and then post "go go go" in the chat window to all players. At that point we start the clock on the 90 minutes?

I await their reply........

• 1. DDz Quorum

I have also been asked to point out a little "tweak" to your conf.ini that seems to help lag

Depending on you connection Thor has suggested the following

ISDN --> clientRate=10000

slow ADSL --> clientRate =15000

normal ADSL --> clientRate=25000

high-speed ADSL -> clientRate=40000

so in your confi.ini in the [net] section set

speed=40000

for example