New Or Returning To Active Service With The Dogz?

Jabo

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi Dogz!

I just wanted to say hello to all and say that I'm looking forward to getting back into Flt Simming and certainly making some new friends along the way.!  I flew online a bit back in the mid 90's (yes, old guy...) but really have just gotten back in with a new system and platforms so this should be fun...!  I currently have IL-2 BOS/BOM, CLoD, RoF, and DCS.  I'm still on the learning curve for all of them but DCS and BOS are at least to the point now that I think I would not embarrass the group should I attempt an online flight!  I am also new to TeamSpeak (that whole concept really) so keep that in mind if you stumble upon me online and lost... :)

Not that it matters but I am also a long-time real world pilot and definitely have an affinity for the older props up to the F-86/Mig-15 timeframe.  I recently got the Mig-15 ibs for DCS and must say it is a superb jet to fly.

Delta 7 and Perfesser both sent me a nice note with some links to the happenings and guidelines of the group and hopefully I can get online one of these evenings soon.  I'm based on the East Coast USA in FL.

Ok, just wanted to say hello to all and I'll see you online sometime soon.

Thanks.

P.S - still working on a callsign but for now it'll be RetroOne until I can come up with something better!

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hello Retro, Welcome here! :salute:

(...)  I'm still on the learning curve for all of them but DCS and BOS are at least to the point now that I think I would not embarrass the group should I attempt an online flight! (...)

You can never embarrass us as a group, we are fully capable of doing that ourselves! :shaunhb::shaunhb:

Edit: But you are very welcome to join us doing that !!

Howdy, saw the topic over on the il2 BOS forums and thought I would drop a note here. 

Just recently dug the joystick and pedals out from storage (no idea where the throttle went!) and thought to start flying again. Not that I'm good at it!

I can usually take off, and sometimes land :)

Most of my flying has been off line so looking to start some on line fun. 

Now to finish installing stuff. Up next is il2 1946.

• Like 1

• 2. Administrators

Welcome Mosinut, glad you found your way here. The instructions for getting your install of ‘46 patched up with the mods are in the OP of this thread.

Just so you know, Tuesdays and Sundays are currently IL-2 1946 nights and Thursdays are our CloD night. Hope to see you there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, FoolTrottel said:

Welcome Mosinut!

Let us know how the 1946 install goes, we got some utility that might be able to assist you in that, and that can 1946 to DD's standard.

Thanks!

Looks like the version of il2 1946 is different from the first post though. 

I have 4.13.4m which is what GOG installed for me. I guessing that needs to be back to 4.12 to work online?

I did get that patched up to HSFX 7.03 though.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Wow, you got a challenge on your hands then :)  HSFX 7.03 should go on top of 4.12.2m.

But, there's a chance it will work... 

If you start it, what does it say bottom left in the splash screen?

(I'll just prepare the utility for you... It needs your IP address - I should be able to retrieve that - being a Moderator here - Are you using the IL2 Pc to post here? Or rather, a Pc on the same network as the IL2 Pc?)

Just now, FoolTrottel said:

Wow, you got a challenge on your hands then :)  HSFX 7.03 should go on top of 4.12.2m.

But, there's a chance it will work... 

If you start it, what does it say bottom left in the splash screen?

(I'll just prepare the utility for you... It needs your IP address - I should be able to retrieve that - being a Moderator here - Are you using the IL2 Pc to post here? Or rather, a Pc on the same network as the IL2 Pc?)

Thanks! I am at the same IP address. For good measure I will PM it to you.

I think I need to sort out how to get to the right version. It is not happy at all with 4.13.

Apparently the version you get from GOG is too far in the future!

• 1. DDz Quorum

Yeah, basically, 4.13m is the very latest, but only Vanilla. So, no mods.

We could use this as our standard, but it means we can't use a lot of interesting maps any more,  and we would lose a lot of aircraft types as well! So, we still are on the earlier version, as it has the HSFX mod set.

Okay, I've added your IP address, now read the first post by Jabo (click here) and follow the instructions regarding chkmods. (Download, extract, run as administrator etc.) Keep us posted! (You may want to skip step 1, as your install is not working at the moment, so a backup does not really make sense)

• Jabo unpinned this topic