New Or Returning To Active Service With The Dogz?

Jabo

Hi! Hi!

Nothing happened Crash, except life and shit. I have re-located to Svalbard, the high arctic(yeah, like Norway wasn't enough), so we gotta keep them snow teddys away from time to time. They seem especially fond of goofy looking trackIR hats, so it's been a challenge. Now I live in a bunker and ready to go. Still tuesdays, thursdays and sundays? UbiZoo on saturdays? Cheers!

• 5 months later...

It seems that I have a lot of catching up to do.  From what I have read, we are now using V4.12.2 HSFX V7.02 Expert.

Is this correct?

Now that I have my gaming computer up and running, I was able to discover that I am way back at V4.11.1m Expert HSFX V6.0.17

My question is how best to proceed? 

Should I attempt to patch over my existing V4.11.1m HSFX V 6.0.17

Or should I begin with a standard copy of '46.  I have a copy that is patched up to V4.11.1m

Advice and suggestions will be very much appreciated 

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hooray! He's on his way back in!  :thumbsu:

You should indeed start with a standard v4.12.2m and install HSFX7 on top of it.

Or use ChkMods to move from current version to v4.12.2m/HSFX7.02

See here: Installing HSFX7 the easy way

Good Luck!

(I have already put your latest IP address to the list, so you should be good to go using it)

Salute FT and thank you for your reply.  Your Chkmods method sounds intriguing. 

As I understand it, I should make a copy of my V4.11.1m HSFX V6.0.17 and rename it V4.12.2 HSFX V7.0.2.  Then download, open and "Run as Administrator' your Chkmods utility.

Hopefully, this will open up properly and I then aim it at the folder containing my new copy of the game.  I then make sure that the Check Against box reads 7.0.2 and click 1 - Verify mods.  After letting this run, I then click 2 - Fix issues.

This sounds wonderfully simple to me.  But what sort of Wizardry and Black Magic are you using that will pull together all of the normal IL-2 patches and the various HSFX Mods to get my game up to V4.12.1 HSFX V7.0.2?

Or are Wizards forbidden to share their Dark Secrets?

Oh, and one other question, if you have a moment.  When I was finally able to get my gaming computer running again, I discovered that I still have an Ultra Pack 3 version of IL-2 installed.  Do the Dogz still use or plan to use UP3 in the future?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Trib, no secrets nor wizardy in ChkMods...

The way you describe to operate it is the correct one, if you still run into issues, just report them....

ChkMods works by taking a working installation of 1946, all patched up to whatever MOD version, and of that version, all the relevant files (just about everything, except missions, paintschemes, and the likes) are being recorded version wise, and that info is stored in a database.

When checking, it checks all those relevant files with your installation, anything missing will be added, everything of the wrong version will be replaced... that's basically all...

As it does not check all files, it is best to start with a complete installation of a version, though it is possible to start with an empty folder. You will then end up with a multiplayer-client version, as there are no missions, not even quick ones.

And, for sure, you will need to set up the hardware settings, in conf.ini, and your key- and controller assignments....

UP3 is history, History is current...

(The H in HSFX stands for 'History':) )

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey fellows and gals if any

Ddpairborne59 here.

This forum sounds wonderful with awesome people.

I'm also new here, but not to the simmimg world. Ive have had  all IL2 games since 1999 Demo loved all, and still love them.

I did quite a bit of modding in mostly SAS [special aircraft service] forum and some way back on AAA forum ,

AKA there as Wingflyr.

I recognize some great names here from the past especially one of the nicest guys ever in the sim community    gallery_440_79_39944.png RIP

Looking forward to joining you in the sky's.     ~S~   

• 1 year later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Salute Dogz

Some of you older members may remember me, I used to fly a lot but then real life and (cough) other distractions took my focus away from playing IL2.

I now need to re-commit my self back to the squad. My flying time is still going to be very limited but I need some kind soul to teach me to fly again and, wait for it, learn to fly in Clod.

Is there anyone that would be willing to give me perhaps an hour or two on a Friday evening (that is about the only day I can say that I can ring fence the time) to get me up to speed with Clod?

A session perhaps taking a small step / unit of knowledge so as not to take too much of your time?

Cheers

Friar

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Salute Dogz

Some of you older members may remember me, I used to fly a lot but then real life and (cough) other distractions took my focus away from playing IL2.

I now need to re-commit my self back to the squad. My flying time is still going to be very limited but I need some kind soul to teach me to fly again and, wait for it, learn to fly in Clod.

Is there anyone that would be willing to give me perhaps an hour or two on a Friday evening (that is about the only day I can say that I can ring fence the time) to get me up to speed with Clod?

A session perhaps taking a small step / unit of knowledge so as not to take too much of your time?

Cheers

Friar

Welcome back, nearly forgotten stranger! :)

I'd be able and willing to help you on a Friday evening, although only up to about 21'00 BST, as by then I have some other business to attend to ...

(Oh, but maybe not this Friday, as I have a social gathering in the late afternoon, with people from work... I may be home at 19'00, but maybe not in a good state to try and talk sensibly about CloD)

:salute:

• 5 months later...

What is the current flying schedule for the Dogz?  Thinking about stopping by for a fly sometime..  ;-)

What days do you fly IL2, CloD, DCS, CFS2?  What day is free Whisky day, etc.. 

Is this first post up to date with what versions of the games? 

Cheers! 

Snacko out! 

Hey Snacko! Good to hear from you old chap.

IL2 Co-ops and Long DFs are run Sundays and Tuesdays with Thursday now being our dedicated CloD night.

DCS is a little more ad-hoc with various chaps popping servers up after the action on the above days or other days of the week.

Chat box or monitoring TS is usually the best bet for catching some action with the latter.

Be good to fly with you again sir.

S!

• Jabo unpinned this topic