New Or Returning To Active Service With The Dogz?

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

It's been mentioned elsewhere that we should have a single post detailing current settings/versions etc of the game and comms software required to join in the online shenanigans. Here's an attempt to do this.

Current stock game version - 4.12.2
Current modded game version - HSFX 7
Current comms version - Teamspeak 3 (32 and 64-bit versions available) - Use of Push to Talk is preferred.

To patch your install of the game to the correct version, please follow the instructions below;

1. Make a copy of your current game folder (obviously you might need to install it first) and rename the copy to 'IL-2 (HSFX7)' (or whatever you like)

2. Download FT's utility dd_Chkmods.zip here.

3. Extract the zip file to a folder (in this case d:\users\nick\downloads\dd_checkmods)

post-406-0-72120600-1387229687_thumb.jpg

4. Open the folder, find the chkmods.exe file then right-click on it and select 'Run as Administrator' (This is VERY important)

5. Assuming all goes well, you should wind up with a screen that looks a bit like this one;

post-406-0-93501500-1387230237_thumb.jpg

(If you get the following error;

post-406-0-81641900-1387230373_thumb.jpg

then send a PM to FT containing your IP address as he will need to register your access.)

6. Assuming no problem, you then need to ensure that the 'IL2 Modded is in' box points to your newly copied game folder and the 'Check Against' box reads 7.0.3 then click 1. - Verify Mods. Let that run (it may take a while) and once the first step is finished click 2. - Fix Issues. Let this run (it will almost DEFINITELY take a while if you're installing HSFX7 from scratch). Keep verifying and fixing until the verification doesn't find any problems.

7. Close CheckMods, check you can start the game and that version showing on the splash screen is V4.12.2 HSFX v7.0.3. Assuming it is, say some nice things about FT and you're done.

8. Remember 'Expert Mode' is enabled by default through JSGME so you'll be all set up to join an online co-op or dogfight map.

So that's it - you're all ready. See you in the big blue!

Thanks

Jabo

• 1. DDz Quorum

Gents, you will need to patch HSFX 6.0 to version 6.01 - there is a hotfix patch downloadable from the vault.

GET THE UPDATER. It will install to your Il-2 root folder & will want to update some Microsoft runtime functions. Let it. Then find the updater icon in your root Il-2 folder and run it. We are at the time of this post at version 6.015 and it might take some time depending on your connection to d/l 6.011, 6.012, 6.013 , 6.014 & 6.015.

Thereafter check this thread: http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=30&sid=6eb1189668ab00dea7724e4fafb8dbe2 , probably once a week should do it, to make sure that you are up to date. As some of you have discovered, get too far behind and you'll lose a night's flying just catching up with updates. Better to do 'em one at a time.

• 2. Administrators

Or alternatively, why not run it before starting the game? So along with forgetting to start tir, you could forget to do this as well.

Jano

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm, i'm obviously channelling someone called jano...

Jabo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 2. Administrators

could well be the path was set incorrectly, i copy and paste it into the installer.

also, just to check, go into jsgme and deactivate 'history mod', and then re enable, see if that makes a difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am a ex-member of DD and am really sorry to hear about Jim passing away.

Now that I'm retired, I have more time to spend flying, in fact I've been flying jets around the world on FSX for the last 4 years. Now I'm ready for some action again and have just downloaded IL2 COD. Wow! How things have changed.

Anyway, some of you might remember me, I used to be Foto. Looking forward to flying with you all again.

Safe flying

Dave

• 2. Administrators

Welcome back! You along with Jim, DT, Painless, Friar and Guitarman were one of the first dogz i met at the Red Lion, Duxford all those years ago!

Jabo (formerly No-Name Nick - lol - now that is back in the mists of time)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, M8s, I might be able to join in for the map test tomorrow so I have been updating my game.

I followed the instructions* and everything went well (I kept launching the game at each step to make sure it functioned) until I auto-updated and tried to launch. I see the correct splash screen, it loads to 5%, then crashes to desktop. Any suggestions?

*I am almost certain I started with a clean install, because I always left one on my PC in order to update to new patches more easily. I will try doing it all again clean if all else fails but thought I would ask if there was maybe something that was the issue.

Doubletap

**Hold on. I installed the auto-updater, but did not actually run it. Ah---Duh. We'll see what happens when it is done. Will do a true clean install if it does not work.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Not all of them, but first goto page 3 of that thread, then take the top one (HSFX Version 6.0), then goto page 2 and get HSFX Version 6 0.W02 to W04, next Part2 Ver 6.EXE and Part2 Ver 6.W02 to W04 and Part3 Ver 6.EXE , Part3 Ver 6.EXE and Part3 Ver 6.W02.

Also, check the contents of your MODS folder. If there's anything in it, remove it (if UV3 is in there, then, for now, first disable Tigers Flyby v3 in JSGME) (That's just for troubleshooting purposes now)

There's an alternative way: 'CheckMods'.

It's a utility exclusive to us DD's. It will check your current installation, and will download missing or incorrect files, so you will end up with our current standard.

Download check mods from here: Link

Create a separate folder for it, and unzip the contents to that folder.

RightClick Chkmods.exe, and select 'Run as Administrator' (only need to do that once, if you are running Windows 7) It will need a FireWall permission, but ithere should be pop up asking for that. It will then update itself (to 1.10)

Let it search for your IL2 install, and select the correct one.

Press 'Verify Mods', let it run (will take a while)

After it's done checking, press 'Fix issues', that will take even longer.

After its first run, exit ChkMods, and start it again.

Repeat the 'Verify Mods' - 'Fix issues' until 'Verify Mods' stops finding issues.

It should result in a version of IL2 1946 HSFX v6.017

Good Luck.

(I have used the IP address from your latest reply in this thread as yours, so from that IP address you car run ChkMods, if you have the game on a different IP address, then ChkMods will not run...)

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi, I am a ex-member of DD and am really sorry to hear about Jim passing away.

Now that I'm retired, I have more time to spend flying, in fact I've been flying jets around the world on FSX for the last 4 years. Now I'm ready for some action again and have just downloaded IL2 COD. Wow! How things have changed.

Anyway, some of you might remember me, I used to be Foto. Looking forward to flying with you all again.

Safe flying

Dave

If you wish I can merge your old account and this new account, or change the email address on the old account so you can reset the password.

If you can confirm, by PM, the old email and Geographical location that would serve to validate you :)

Currently 'Dave' and 'Foto' are the only links I have to the old account!

Thanks!

Okay, got it, and I have (apparent) success! Loaded up with the 6.0.17 splash screen and was able to start a quick mission. Very glad to see some of my favorite mod planes are in this set-up.

Is there a current server running the HSFX I could test internet connection on?

DT

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi Glen,

Great to see you back, now have a word with Psycho will you.. I know Janet has spoken to him on Facebook, that would be like the good old days......

We do not have a server running at the moment I'm afraid.

I plan to host later this evening friar.dangerdogz.com with the map so perhaps drop in then

• Jabo unpinned this topic