1/72 Hasegawa Fw190

Sid

• 1. DDz Quorum

Janie bought me a box with 2 x FW190s in for my birthday a few months back, built one up.

This is it pre-weathering, not a lot of parts so quick to build but took hours to put the decals on - lots of detail there.

DSCN3686.jpg

DSCN3685.jpg

Nice project :D

• 1. DDz Quorum

Wiv a telescope lol.

The light blue and grey paints are from a Tamiya acrylic spray can. I used an Eduard metal 1/72 mottle template with different sizes and patterns along with lots of masking and blu tac - took a while but is was good fun and satisfyingly effective ;)

• 2. Administrators

Very nice Sid, I am a lttle envious of your painting skills.

Hannants do a few different sizes, you might find what you're looking for there Pete. If you can't find them in your part of the world I'm sure we can get a set to you.

Bloody hell Sid, that is a cracker indeed! Awesome job so far, can't wait to see it with weathering.

Once it's done though, take some more pics with the light source BEHIND the camera this time. I want to see it in all its glory.

;)

• 1. DDz Quorum

Artists' pastels...coloured sticks, a bit like chalk. Get a dry paint brush and run it over the pastel to get some dust in it. Then brush it over the panel lines etc. to get the desired effect.