Spitfire Mkvb Bbmf Landing Flaps

Eshark

Hello All

Well dispite help from Rattler I could not seem to get hold of the after sale parts for my MKVb namely landing flaps as I want it in the landing configuration I know Tamaiya do one but not Airfix,anyhow how the closes I got was Eduardo who did do some flaps for 1/24 scale they were photo etched and made from brass which I did not want to get into.So I decided to cut the flaps away from the model itself and see if I could do something with them.

So I went to the local model shop and purchased some strips of modellers plastc to see if I could get some definition on the inside of the flap as Airfix made it the underside of the flap with nothiing on it ,as it would be glued to the top set of wings,so making out the riviting patern I sorta guessed were the support spars would be and glued the plastic strips accordingly.After some sanding and manipulation I came up with this what do you think? Does it work ?

post-893-0-55388700-1345644018_thumb.jpg

post-893-0-61015800-1345644170_thumb.jpg

post-893-0-02274800-1345644257_thumb.jpg

post-893-0-39246100-1345644338_thumb.jpg

post-893-0-54137200-1345644407_thumb.jpg

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Shark M8,

Scratch building is a whole skill in itself as you have discovered. Well worth the effort if you can achieve a look that can't be bought.

Very nice job on the flaps, Maybe a 1/32nd Defiant next ? I know someone who would like one ;)

~S~ P.